Does anyone have a Jeep and a Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you’re going to do this, do it right! ;) Get a 392 with the 35” tires, half-doors, and leave the top off.

Jump over to the jeep392.com forum for leads on how to order with discounts.

Thank me later. :)
View attachment 399312View attachment 399313
Good looking JL! Or buy a used JK and drop a hemi or LS/LT in it. Then you won't be scared to scratch it. That thing you have is to pretty to scratch!

hingedthinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before the lift at Mogollon Rim

E5DAFC6C-3B06-451B-A8D5-8C090AAA7B4E_1_105_c.jpeg
After the suspension/lift on pickup day... I added AEV bumper to the rear later.
C6629ECA-AD8F-4DB3-8E12-886A97005F72_1_105_c.jpeg

Found an old pick of my F150 plat with the 6.2L SVT
E04E65CF-888D-4324-895C-0240A66F4081_1_105_c.jpeg

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2018 Raptor and 2015 JK Willys

Around here (KC) any decent trails are really too small for the Raptor. There’s a 4 wheel park near KC called Kansas Rocks and no way I would take the Raptor there. Trails and switchbacks are simply too tight.

tractorman

Reaction score
Good looking JL! Or buy a used JK and drop a hemi or LS/LT in it. Then you won't be scared to scratch it. That thing you have is to pretty to scratch!
I was going to do that, but the California air resources board has made engine swaps much more difficult than in the past. So I went with a CARB legal supercharger on my 2013 Rubicon, but since you don't get much extra power at low RPM, it isn't a great choice for off-road, but it does make getting to the trails more enjoyable.July 5 2014 slab.JPG

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going to do that, but the California air resources board has made engine swaps much more difficult than in the past. So I went with a CARB legal supercharger on my 2013 Rubicon, but since you don't get much extra power at low RPM, it isn't a great choice for off-road, but it does make getting to the trails more enjoyable.View attachment 399351
Good looking JK! Oh for sure. I lived in Cali so I know all about it. My JK spends alot of time out there and its the reason it has Texas plates too. I have a LS408 with long tube headers, so no way they would let me pass. Would fail me when I come around the corner due to the car alarms going off! Haha. But I have a buddy that has a CARB legal LS3 in his JK.

Zybane

Reaction score
I just got rid of a new Rubicon Gladiator. I thought it was going to be my retirement truck, but after a few road trips and then making the mistake of driving my 37 Raptor.. it was game over. I could not put up with the noisy Gladiator wandering all over the highway for a decade plus. Sure, I will miss being able to do really tight trails with the Jeep, but giving up 5% of what I wanted to do to gain room, comfort/civility and road trip adeptness was worth it.

I may get an old 2-door Jeep to mess around on really gnarly trailheads and to park at trailheads that I don't want my Raptor getting broken into.