Does anyone have a Jeep and a Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a Gen 3 and I’ve been thinking about getting a Jeep to take on some trails. Am I the only one ?
Nothing can beat a jl series jeep with small lift to clear 37’s and a winch. Cheapest way to get into some spicy trails.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Recently sold mine. Wife complained every time we hit a pebble on the road. Kids hardly had any room in their car seats. Both their feet constantly kicking the back of our seats. Cool if you’re single, don’t have kids or have the extra space and time but for me it was time to let it go.

92D1BC9F-CB1A-428B-A0FB-9549BC9A565D.jpeg

baja-chris

Reaction score
I have both, each has its strengths. My Jeep is a 21 392 Rubicon XR with suspension winch armor and 37’s. It will definitely go places I want to go that a Raptor simply cannot. But if I’m not going for trails like that I much prefer the Raptor, I have an 18 but an R on order. We have a house in Baja and run a lot of trails there in the Raptor. For towing we have an F350 and for go fast race courses a Polaris Pro R. Different vehicles for different situations. Like football cleats, tennis high tops, bowling shoes, running shoes. All shoes but not really interchangeable. If I could only have one truck it would be the Raptor but I love the Jeep and F350 too.

tractorman

Reaction score
I have a 2013 JKU Rubicon with a few mods, like a supercharger, small lift, bumpers, etc. It is more capable off-road than the Raptor, and it drives fine on the road FOR A JEEP, but the Raptor drives so much better. Another problem is that my Jeep is really nice, and that makes me reluctant to take it to places that are difficult. I hesitate to drive on really narrow brushy trails, etc. If you get a Jeep for the tough stuff, buy one that you don't mind using off-road. I think the Raptor and a nice side-by-side might be a better combination for me.