Does anyone (Engineers) try what they design?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Home Depot, Lowes, or any decent hardware store. Looks like this. The barrel looking piece acts as a nut and is threaded. It would unscrew from the lower end, then it will slide up the smooth shaft to make a gap to put it on your hitch. Once it's on, screw it back together and tighten it up and drop your chain hooks through it. They are only a couple of bucks apiece.

View attachment 351965
Got these and they indeed are making life easier with the hooks and chains.

DrGrant

Reaction score
DrGrant, I'm interested to hear your thoughts on what could be better engineered on the Gen 3. I'm friends with a couple engineers. Both are functionally OCD. I mean that in a good way Sir. I find that the mind of an engineer is a fundamentally different. Highly motivated, inventive and critical. I wonder if you haven't already redesigned something on your truck?
I appreciate this comment, but I really bought a Raptor because they are already overbuilt. I have a hobby farm, little one just 5 acres, and I use that to satisfy my need to solve problems and redesign things. If you haven’t ever worked a farm I highly recommend it. There are far more complex problems in farming than I could have imagined before I put on some coveralls and jumped in a tractor. I know that this didn’t really answer your question about what I would change in the Raptor, but I would not pretend to know more about automotive engineering than my brothers and sisters at Ford performance…and I would imagine that they would say the same about my field.