Does 018 still have passive switched leads off Upfitters?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Renomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw on my 017 the upfitter switches had powered leads and passive leads that didnt supply voltage but just switched the leads.

Anyone know if there are switched leads avail on the upfitters (not powered)?

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I saw on my 017 the upfitter switches had powered leads and passive leads that didnt supply voltage but just switched the leads.

Yes powered leads from the AUX switches, but what you call "Passive" leads are actually pass thru leads that run from the firewall (near the powered leads) into the cab to run items in the cab from the AUX switches...

OP
OP
R

Renomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha thx!

Ive got my lwr LED lights relayed off my aux switxh and was thinking of a way to tie that in with the highbeam on lead I ran from my light harness. Guess Ill need to drop another relay in line so highbeams only turn on LEDs when Aux is on too

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm feeling really stupid today, more than normal!

Can someone elaborate in simple terms the purpose of the pass-through wires are or what the pass-through connections do?

I keep seeing explanations like the above (to run things in the cab) but I'm left wondering if there's no power then what good is the switch. If I use them for say a CB, where would the radio get the power, and why would I use the pass-through instead of a hot lead?

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Connect the powered wires to the pass through under the hood to supply power in the cab.
Well durrr...
(and thanks)

So these are just some short wires that "pass through" the firewall? That makes perfect sense if so, I was hung up on what can "pass through" if there's no power. Sheesh.

So where do they come out under the dash?

Two Dogs

Reaction score
Well durrr...
(and thanks)

So these are just some short wires that "pass through" the firewall? That makes perfect sense if so, I was hung up on what can "pass through" if there's no power. Sheesh.

So where do they come out under the dash?
They come out in the passenger footwell by the fuse box.