Dodge to discontinue V8 Hellcat (TRX), What does that mean for Raptor R?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pretend I'm two years old. What isn't wrong about exporting our pollution and energy-intensive manufacturing to China? Feeling virtuous about it is a sign of stupidity. An accord is where people agree. The only thing we agreed to is to bend over and let China **** us in the ***. And it won't do one single thing to save the planet. Our boy Brandon is one heck of a negotiator. If he was a Ford salesman I could probably get him to pay me to take a Raptor off his hands.
You handled that better than me, I would of ...... RESPECT!

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
I'm working with my 2 year old to understand that when someone else does something wrong it doesn't give you permission to do so. Great, China wants to keep ******* the world for our kids and grand kids. We can make different choices as a society. Alternatively, you can probably move to China so you can live in a society that aligns with your world view.
That is literally the understanding of a 2 year old…you need to stop drinking all the kids Kool-aid

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Resale in 10 years when the battery is dead or dying I am sure will affect resale value. Gone will be days of barn finds that start right up.
I believe a new battery can be had for roughly $5000 to $8000. I doubt you'll find a barn find that you end up putting less than that in really. Plus, I don't think barn finds are really a thing; I just mean I know it happens, but it has to be less than 1% of car purchases.

@Xtinct the rest of this isn't a reply to you, I just have to bow out of this thread. There is so much misinformation and unnecessary hostility in this thread it is crazy. I don't know why people get so worked up about electric vehicles. They are awesome for what they are awesome at, which isn't everything. It is a fact they are being pushed on us, so you can either get grumpy and believe bits and pieces of information that align with what you want to be true or research both sides.

I recommend the Engineering Explained channel on Youtube. He has a ton of videos on what works about them and what doesn't, including the grid (spoiler alert, it can handle it). He is very balanced. He loves cars and has a supercharged Miata and a Tesla.

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
What I am curious about, being an engineering disciple myself, is how do EV’s hold up in extreme off road situations. How does the battery even react to that kind of a abuse in say Moab vs sitting on the I-5 in San Diego traffic?

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe a new battery can be had for roughly $5000 to $8000. I doubt you'll find a barn find that you end up putting less than that in really. Plus, I don't think barn finds are really a thing; I just mean I know it happens, but it has to be less than 1% of car purchases.

@Xtinct the rest of this isn't a reply to you, I just have to bow out of this thread. There is so much misinformation and unnecessary hostility in this thread it is crazy. I don't know why people get so worked up about electric vehicles. They are awesome for what they are awesome at, which isn't everything. It is a fact they are being pushed on us, so you can either get grumpy and believe bits and pieces of information that align with what you want to be true or research both sides.

I recommend the Engineering Explained channel on Youtube. He has a ton of videos on what works about them and what doesn't, including the grid (spoiler alert, it can handle it). He is very balanced. He loves cars and has a supercharged Miata and a Tesla.

Does YouTube describe rolling black outs?

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You handled that better than me, I would of ...... RESPECT!
“Would have”

This is all pretty entertaining until we come to the realization that we’re not all equipped similarly (to use a term we can all understand).
Blind faith in a past that hasn’t worked and only brings division isn’t the answer (and history shows that it never has been).
In the end, we’re all here because we care for the same outrageous vehicle, but some of you make me wonder if freedom of expression should be limited.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
“Would have”

This is all pretty entertaining until we come to the realization that we’re not all equipped similarly (to use a term we can all understand).
Blind faith in a past that hasn’t worked and only brings division isn’t the answer (and history shows that it never has been).
In the end, we’re all here because we care for the same outrageous vehicle, but some of you make me wonder if freedom of expression should be limited.
Nobody limits what you can say here, until the mods see something stupid and then they ban a person, but by then it's already been said, so, not sure what you are even referring to. My comment wasn't to you, but was definitely for "you" to read. And your version of "would have" is not the same meaning I was describing, so not sure why you are trying to change the meaning of what I was implying, but carry on......

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
“Would have”

Capture.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free