Dodge to discontinue V8 Hellcat (TRX), What does that mean for Raptor R?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are still a long ways off on the charging of these not at home or a Charging station. As for my needs - off road/exploring/hunting crowd. You cannot charge these things in the middle of nowhere. Well maybe You could bring a 50 sq foot solar panel and camp for a week letting it charge. Then you can drive back home. 300 mile range means 150 off road iam guessing.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We are still a long ways off on the charging of these not at home or a Charging station. As for my needs - off road/exploring/hunting crowd. You cannot charge these things in the middle of nowhere. Well maybe You could bring a 50 sq foot solar panel and camp for a week letting it charge. Then you can drive back home. 300 mile range means 150 off road iam guessing.
It's even worse if you have a travel trailer, how are you suppose to keep your trailer batteries charged while driving to and from your campsite, most people travel more than 4 hours each way, all my food would be rotten in the fridge. I used to travel 10 hours each way to camp in the dunes, couldn't do that with these EV trucks coming on the market. Might make it 2 hours tops and then everything would be dead.

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not interested in getting rid of my v8 vehicles but I would be interested in an EV for sure. 30 - 50 years, bro, you're smoking crack, lol. You better get rid of Biden and get Trump back in office if you want that to be true, even so, we are out numbered by people who think different. EV's are coming and the sooner you get on board with that idea, the less crying you will do later on. Don't take this as being harsh, I'm laughing, it's just the internet. :favorites37:

First of all our power grid couldn’t handle everyone trying to charge their EV. This “transition” that the current administration is talking will only highlight the worlds need for hydrocarbons. Wind and solar are not profitable without subsidies, the government can’t not subsidize innovation. If the government wants those forms of energy to work, drop the subsidies and let the market figure it out.
Funny how no one talks about the Enviromental impact EV’s cause world wide.

For now I will prefer my vehicle to be assembled in Mexico rather than child labor lithium mines. Haha

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First of all our power grid couldn’t handle everyone trying to charge their EV. This “transition” that the current administration is talking will only highlight the worlds need for hydrocarbons. Wind and solar are not profitable without subsidies, the government can’t not subsidize innovation. If the government wants those forms of energy to work, drop the subsidies and let the market figure it out.
Funny how no one talks about the Enviromental impact EV’s cause world wide.

For now I will prefer my vehicle to be assembled in Mexico rather than child labor lithium mines. Haha
True bro, electricians will have a hey day installing fast chargers in houses, which will require upgraded panels for 230 volt charging, otherwise, it will take a day to charge most vehicles with expired battery charge. There needs to be tax credits for these vehicles, which Canada has and I know Biden is offering tax credits as well, or suppose to. This will all take time.

ARaptorGuy

Reaction score
I hear ya, loud and clear, but "they" are closing the loopholes, regulations are only going to get tighter with less gaps. EV's are the future and your government is pushing it (ev's) harder than ours, which is a twist, lol.
The future also includes survival of the ICE. Read up about some cool non-fossil fuels like Porsche's e-fuel. Clean to make & clean to burn.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It doesn't look awful except for the front end. WTF were they thinking? Big square air dam for no reason? Headlights that look like a pair of sheep v@ginas? They had a chance to do something cool and different and they did this? Really?
IDK for sure, but I would guess the headlight is the horizontal bar across the front and the sheep v@ginas are the turn signals, lol

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesn't look awful except for the front end. WTF were they thinking? Big square air dam for no reason? Headlights that look like a pair of sheep v@ginas? They had a chance to do something cool and different and they did this? Really?
Air dam is to provide some additional cooling for the battery. The horizontal light bar (also works as charging status bar) is no worse than the gigantic light bars meant for off-road use only that some people like to put on their Ford Taurus sometimes. As for the rest, I’m not into zoophilia but the headlights actually look pretty cool up close.

Last edited: