Do you see a deal breaker here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueOvalF22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it a good deal? If you're getting it for a great deal and don't mind the effort/cost to clean it up and rebuild the shocks, then it's worth it. There is a lot of money in that setup and the bump pads look like they are brand new which means it wasn't thrashed all that much. Just lacked maintenance.

Also, if you buy the truck, pull the upper and lower arms and replace the heims/uniballs. Guarantee those are pitted based on the rest of the pics.

Pulll the arms and shocks, send out the shocks, repaint the arms, replace the balls.

Sand off easy spots of rust on the frame, wet medial blast other areas and then repaint.

Anything that actually wheels needs touchup paint on the frame and running gear.

I hit areas with just a pressure washer and even that takes off loose paint and rust.

Then I use the blaster at problem areas, spray it with phosphoric acid etc and then repaint with a rust stopping primer and a top coat. .

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My concern is how someone trying to sell a truck wouldn’t even bother washing the underside. I bet half that junk would wash off. Again, it has good components just needs maintenance. Realistically it’s almost 10 years old. It’s not going to be perfect unless you want to pay a premium.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The spring under rear is a little different.

With a long front, I'd probably add a bypass rack and longer shocks to the rear.
I’m not sure what it is that is going on. Seems like I have seen a bunch of stock length shocks and sprung under f150/raptors lately on Instagram. Well probably not a bunch, but it sure seems like it.

BlueOvalF22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure what it is that is going on. Seems like I have seen a bunch of stock length shocks and sprung under f150/raptors lately on Instagram. Well probably not a bunch, but it sure seems like it.
It's got different upper mounts and kings. Probably a brenthal under bed setup. Probably cycles 16 inches.

A bypass rack could get to 21.

EIther way OP.

I'd watch these guys videos as they rehab a previously built up 1G
They refresh the suspension and shocks and more.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another thing I noticed is the spare is the factory spare... they haven't made that version of the a/t tire in a few years. It could be the one it came with which means regardless of tread yours on the hook for another spare based on age of it alone.

OP
OP
M

martinitime

Reaction score
It's got different upper mounts and kings. Probably a brenthal under bed setup. Probably cycles 16 inches.

A bypass rack could get to 21.

EIther way OP.

I'd watch these guys videos as they rehab a previously built up 1G
They refresh the suspension and shocks and more.

Watched this the other day. Great video!

Baldguy01

Reaction score
M, was it you that reached out to me on the side? I have pics of, just not sure how to get to the private message area to retreive and post....lmk

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Couple questions... What are you going to do with it and what are they asking for it?
Street Queen or Desert truck?

The surface rust doesn't scare me, it could have been run down the coast into salt water and not rinsed to cause some of that, the rust and pitting on the shock shafts is more troublesome to me. If its too deep they will have to replace shafts to keep from tearing seals. That makes your service expensive!
The By-Pass up front def needs a service so do all 6 shocks and maybe the bumps too. They are meant to be serviced so don't think they are toast, just neglected.
Speaking of Bumps, I'm surprised there are no 2.5 bumps out back. If you are building a truck to go play, I'd take rear bumps over front bumps all day long.

Depending on the price, and if you plan to play off-road, this is a good starting point... Its got close to $10k in shocks plus uppers/lowers/Deavers/tie rods etc etc...
Just needs a thorough service then go pound on it.