Do you see a deal breaker here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rosshh

Reaction score
Control arm mounts are straight and still has skid plates, does not look abused to me just needs maintenance.

KurtLaut

Reaction score
Pass... looks beat on, lots of problem indicators in those pictures. even a good deal could cost allot on the back side.

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Not enough information here to really give you a good opinion. Where is the truck from? Really need to check the cab corners for rust and the rockers. What does the body look like and the interior (pictures)? You will have some expenses with the shocks and surely other unknowns.

OP
OP
M

martinitime

Reaction score
Not enough information here to really give you a good opinion. Where is the truck from? Really need to check the cab corners for rust and the rockers. What does the body look like and the interior (pictures)? You will have some expenses with the shocks and surely other unknowns.
Totally understand. Interior is really good. Spend time in the begging in Midwest but then majority in NV/AZ. That's when the suspension was installed (+/- 4 years ago). Definitely need to get in and check the rockers and bedframe. It's lower miles but that underneath is pretty beat.

BlueOvalF22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd look at the rockers and cab corners.

The rest.

Well shock rebuilds are a deal with stock trucks too.

If it's just light undercarriage frame rust it can be removed and repainted.

Even highly maintained trucks that get offroad a lot get shock rebuilds and repaint of the belly where all the dirt and rocks hit.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The rust isn't awful but it is an indication of a bigger issue. Its not that hard to get underneath the truck and take a wire wheel and some flat black to it. Its the body rust I'd be worried about.

Those shocks look ragged though. Unless you can basically account for the cost to take them off and service/repair them, I'd pass.

OP
OP
M

martinitime

Reaction score
The rust isn't awful but it is an indication of a bigger issue. Its not that hard to get underneath the truck and take a wire wheel and some flat black to it. Its the body rust I'd be worried about.

Those shocks look ragged though. Unless you can basically account for the cost to take them off and service/repair them, I'd pass.
Watched your YouTube of you dialing in the underneath and scraping rust. wWell done. Seen others do it with a wire wheel at the end of a drill. No clue how your eyeballs still work after all that rust/spray paint in them...Lol! Kudos though!

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched your YouTube of you dialing in the underneath and scraping rust. wWell done. Seen others do it with a wire wheel at the end of a drill. No clue how your eyeballs still work after all that rust/spray paint in them...Lol! Kudos though!

Yeah man, I SHOULD have used some safety glasses. *****

You can do it with a drill or a cut off wheel tool, same attachment for both just however you want to do it.

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it a good deal? If you're getting it for a great deal and don't mind the effort/cost to clean it up and rebuild the shocks, then it's worth it. There is a lot of money in that setup and the bump pads look like they are brand new which means it wasn't thrashed all that much. Just lacked maintenance.

Also, if you buy the truck, pull the upper and lower arms and replace the heims/uniballs. Guarantee those are pitted based on the rest of the pics.