Do you see a deal breaker here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

martinitime

Reaction score
Looking at a 2013 with under 70K miles. Need to get pictures of the door corners inside because that's where I hear the rust can really mess up the truck. Meanwhile, do you all see any red flags with these pics in regards to (excessive) rust?

IMG_0017.jpgIMG_0010.jpgIMG_0011.jpgIMG_0012.jpgIMG_0013.jpg

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm… I dunno man….. that very first pic tells aALOT. Shock is blown so I assume all are or definitely need rebuilt, missing inner tie rod boot so the steering rack internals have just been blasted with dirt,salt, grime, moisture. I mean all of the rust pictures just looks like surface rust at the moment, but you would need to grind it all away and re seal it . It’s gonna take a lot of elbow grease to get it up to *****. It would have to be dirt cheap for me to pull the trigger on it. There’s better one out there

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has a lot of great mods that have definitely been abused / neglected. If the underneath looks that bad, what does the body look like? I would take a pass on it. You would be putting time and more money into it.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is it a Cali truck? I see the Leaf springs (deavers) that have the brenthel tag along with the Baja Kits lower arms. It has good components but doesnt look maintained well. Could have alot of off road miles.

capitanchunk

Reaction score
If your primary concern is rust, check the rocker panels. There are holes in them that have tape covering them from the factory, if that tape is gone (I.e. the holes are open) and it’s not been taken care of, SUPER likely those rockers are rusting from the inside out, even if it’s not visible yet. I had to cut mine out and weld new ones to fix the issue due to a useless PO who just drive her into the ground and never bothered with maintenance…. Slowly bringing Beastie back to life, but she’s making me pay for it…Watch those rockers…

Baldguy01

Reaction score
I have a 2013, 66k miles garage kept, never in snow or off road. Yes, its my mall queen and thats how i treat my women! anyway, other than cai and SW dual exhaust and some decals, has no mods or been abused. Its a fairly clean slate for someone to start fresh with. My wildkat is otw from being built on 9/7, not sure what you're looking for in a gen1 but would rather not trade it in if someone out there wants it wo a dealer mark up. lmk if interested on a private message. thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free