Do you prefer lifted or stock Gen2 Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lift kit of 1-2” really isn’t going to do anything to hurt the driveline. It also isn’t going to do anything to help with serious off-reading either. To me, the end result looks a bit like a clapped out civic with a rattle can paint job, oil burning engine with auto trans sporting a big 2 or 3 level wing. It’s just wrong. If you want to make actual improvements you should go all the way and put on trophy truck type long-travel suspension and take it off the street. Otherwise you’re just a poseur with a jacked truck. YMMV

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A lift kit of 1-2” really isn’t going to do anything to hurt the driveline. It also isn’t going to do anything to help with serious off-reading either. To me, the end result looks a bit like a clapped out civic with a rattle can paint job, oil burning engine with auto trans sporting a big 2 or 3 level wing. It’s just wrong. If you want to make actual improvements you should go all the way and put on trophy truck type long-travel suspension and take it off the street. Otherwise you’re just a poseur with a jacked truck. YMMV

until I drive over a log/rock/packed down slab of snow turned to ice that is exactly 2” higher than your factory truck.

I got stuck in a snow covered field in my last truck before adding 2.5” of lift. Shit it off in middle of field to give it a rest, the truck was clearing the snow but really was 4-6” higher than clearance, w/o knowing was sitting the frame partially on some hard pack snow & when I went to drive out - even in 4lo w/ 33” snows I could get out because my rear left tire was essentially not touching ground & rear right was maybe 60% traction

to each their own....but you’re talking like a set of geiser/eibachs & $1400 deavers + bump stop kit is equivalent to a ******** “rough country” plastic block leveling kit.

apples & oranges broseph

btw- do you enjoy wheel hop/axle wrap?

TwizzleStix

Supporting Member
Reaction score
On

You are an idiot

Uhm, no for sure not an idiot. You can differ with my assessment of the useless practice of “37s”, “lift kits”, etc. without resorting to personal attacks. Well, that is unless you’re also a leftist in which everyone who doesn’t agree with you is an idiot.

TwizzleStix

Supporting Member
Reaction score
...btw- do you enjoy wheel hop/axle wrap?

No I don’t. I’ve never had any wheel hop on my Raptor, so the axle wrap is well controlled. I do see where it could begin when the shocks are clapped out from too stiff rear springs though. Especially when trying to show off to the “bros” in the mall parking lot.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Uhm, no for sure not an idiot. You can differ with my assessment of the useless practice of “37s”, “lift kits”, etc. without resorting to personal attacks. Well, that is unless you’re also a leftist in which everyone who doesn’t agree with you is an idiot.

let me guess, 40s are stupid too. so are bypass shocks and bump stops.

and fiberglass fenders with bulges? gross.

Josh84

Reaction score
Stock, this thing is tall as it is. I like the balance.
I used to have a 2008 Super Duty with 37's, It was a lot of fun but was pretty one sided.