Do you prefer lifted or stock Gen2 Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elindley01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there's a lot of confusion on this thread. I absolutely understand everyone has a personal preference of how their ideal Raptor looks cosmetically. Some prefer the OEM look and some prefer a modified look. But throughout the discussions, it sounds as if we're only considering three options: it stays OEM, performs as designed and is a good daily driver, level it, or you lift it to the sky and it is useless. Myself, I like a more robust and wider stance than stock, but I refuse to lose the usability of the OEM setup. So for those that want a more aggressive look than OEM, but still retain all usability I'd recommend Geisers and Deavers. I've given mine a taller and wider stance plus 37x13.50s, while still maintaining it's off-road usability and daily drivability. Plus, it still fits in my garage. I'm just saying it doesn't have to be bone stock, levelled or lifted to the sky.20181110_150347.jpg 20190511_115758.jpg

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You seem very hung up on mpg and that wasnt the point of my post. Anyway, stock rake gets better mileage then levelled. Stock f150s have an air dam the is soley for mpg.

Holy smokes. Just the opposite. I could care less about MPG. I was only responding to your statement: "Thats fine, but the setting arent for "MAXIMUM PURE PERFORMANCE", they are more "LETS KEEP DOT HAPPY AND KEEP MPG LOW".

And: "Yes, rake affects gas mileage. In a world where they are trying to squeak out every drop of gas with 10 speed trannys, auto start/stop, etc, it makes a difference."

Now you are saying just the opposite.

I'm done with MPG, as the OP never mentioned it.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think there's a lot of confusion on this thread. I absolutely understand everyone has a personal preference of how their ideal Raptor looks cosmetically. Some prefer the OEM look and some prefer a modified look. But throughout the discussions, it sounds as if we're only considering three options: it stays OEM, performs as designed and is a good daily driver, level it, or you lift it to the sky and it is useless. Myself, I like a more robust and wider stance than stock, but I refuse to lose the usability of the OEM setup. So for those that want a more aggressive look than OEM, but still retain all usability I'd recommend Geisers and Deavers. I've given mine a taller and wider stance plus 37x13.50s, while still maintaining it's off-road usability and daily drivability. Plus, it still fits in my garage. I'm just saying it doesn't have to be bone stock, levelled or lifted to the sky.View attachment 130838 View attachment 130839

Your suspension setup
Is exactly what I want to do, but I have no desire to run 37”s...I thought the 35”s May look a little smallish or of place w/ the geyser/deaver setup b/c of more gap in the fender wells, but looking @ your truck while it def looks badass there’s no denying the tires look a tad too big- really from front to back- the gap between fender & tire looks perfect though. Maybe doesn’t appear that way in person.

How much taller you think your truck sits vs a standard F150 4x4 on factory 20”s? 4.5-5”? It’s gotta look dramatically different next to regular F150

elindley01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your suspension setup
Is exactly what I want to do, but I have no desire to run 37”s...I thought the 35”s May look a little smallish or of place w/ the geyser/deaver setup b/c of more gap in the fender wells, but looking @ your truck while it def looks badass there’s no denying the tires look a tad too big- really from front to back- the gap between fender & tire looks perfect though. Maybe doesn’t appear that way in person.

How much taller you think your truck sits vs a standard F150 4x4 on factory 20”s? 4.5-5”? It’s gotta look dramatically different next to regular F150

You know, I'm not exactly sure. I'm out of town now, but I can measure when I get home. It's definitely higher than a standard F150 or even a stock Raptor, but it still fits through an 8 foot garage door opening. I get what you're saying about the tires, like I said earlier, it's all about personal preference. However, it's all really well balanced in person. One other contributing factor to the tires appearing much larger is that they in fact are; because I went with 13.50s instead of the standard 12.50s most go with. Again, just my personal preference. I have seen other members on the forum (can't remember where, but you could search it) that have done the same setup with 35s and I thought they looked good also.

Steve Arm

Reaction score
I prefer stock for a couple of reasons. First, Ford spent a lot of time and money engineering the Raptor suspension to a certain specification, and I don’t see any reason to mess with that. Second, for practicality’s sake. The Raptor barely fits in most parking garages as it is, I don’t want to condemn myself to finding street/surface parking any time I need to go somewhere.
I won't lift my truck just for this single reason. The truck is already hitting the limit of many public garage.

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of they way they look stock, with the rake and stock wheels.
I like the look of my 0 offset 17 inch methods with OEM rubber.
I personally have not plans to lift, only level.