Do you prefer lifted or stock Gen2 Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason Snokhous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like my 19 stock. I got the basic wheels and white paint. I’m probably going to plastidip my wheels gunmetal grey low gloss/metallic.

As far as the lift, I’m leaving mine alone as I daily drive it and like to park in the garage and I do park in a parking garage often. You already paid for amazing adaptive suspension. My vote is leave it alone. Going with a wider offset invites more rocks to be thrown up on the paint, door handles and fenders as well.

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have stock height deavers and FOX 3.0's set to the height straight out of the box and I love the stance. Front is just a hair higher but from some angles it looks like its dead even.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t mind the look of the raptor in stock form & it’s obviously taller than most standard F150s, I prefer the 17”s & 35”s b/c it’s a great combo of ride comfort & real world practically whether it’s smashing an NYC curb/pothole or digging @ gravel/mud/sand.

That being said I do plan on adding geyser springs in front & +3 deavers in back b/c While I may not “use it like a raptor” very often I don”use it like a truck” & will
Have heavy loads in bed & occasionally tow or haul whole family + gear etc and I HATE the SQUAT & nose high stuff so that’s I’m “lifting” it.

I am curious how much height that may add as I don’t want to blackball myself from certain garages. I should check. I was guessing less than 2-2.5” overall

Mostly I agree w/ ya tho

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use my truck as a DD AND as a Raptor so lifting it is just plain stupid!....leveling by adding taller springs frt or rear is not the same as lifting as most people define it..
My off roading is all desert, so a lifted truck doesn't fit too well for that, and to me lifted trucks, with only a few exceptions, looks ******** and mis-engineered....just like wheels sticking out past the fenders...

Solobaric

Reaction score
I personally hate the raked OEM setup and like lifted trucks. All my previous 4x4's have been lifted, but on a Raptor, it just doesn't look right and ruins the Baja proven
performance that Ford built into the Raptor to begin with. HOWEVER, since I hated the rake, I leveled mine and would not have it any other way........the ride is excellent,
even better than the wife's Yukon 4x4 Denali.....and performed like a champ in Moab!

View attachment 130337

What did you level with? Deavers?

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 19 has stock suspension. Ford spent a ton of money and time to get it right. It works really well. All my Jeeps have been lifted and modified, as Jeep does not have a clue. They bill their products as "trail rated" but stock they are more Mall rated. Off road (not rock crawling) the Raptor does great right out of the box. The only real problem is the approach and departure angle, that is why I have after market bumpers, big improvement.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I personally hate the raked OEM setup and like lifted trucks. All my previous 4x4's have been lifted, but on a Raptor, it just doesn't look right and ruins the Baja proven
performance that Ford built into the Raptor to begin with. HOWEVER, since I hated the rake, I leveled mine and would not have it any other way........the ride is excellent,
even better than the wife's Yukon 4x4 Denali.....and performed like a champ in Moab!

View attachment 130337

Did you linex the fenders? Still on my list of things to do...

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use my truck as a DD AND as a Raptor so lifting it is just plain stupid!....leveling by adding taller springs frt or rear is not the same as lifting as most people define it..
My off roading is all desert, so a lifted truck doesn't fit too well for that, and to me lifted trucks, with only a few exceptions, looks ******** and mis-engineered....just like wheels sticking out past the fenders...

I mostly agree w/ this, except since the Raptor already started life as a taller riding truck from the factory, adding 2-2.5" w/ perch collars or new springs + raising rear by similar amount using thicker leaf springs really has the net result of a normal 1/2 ton w/ like 4-4.5" lift I would think....I mean its one of my concerns should I pull the trigger on the geyser/deaver +3 setup - there are some parking garages that are a tight squeeze height-wise already.

Supergumby5000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've made the lifted truck progression pretty much all the way through. From thinking it was badass to realizing its impracticality.

1. F350 w/ 6" lift and 36s
2. Ram 2500 w/ 8" lift and 37s
3. F350 w/ 4" and 35s (I actually liked this height - good for what it was used for)
4. Raptor w/ leveling kit and stock tire size

After dealing with the 8" lifted ram, of which was used as a DD and a tow rig, it got old. I did like my 4" on 35s f350 though. Just enough personalization to make it mine but not over the top. It helped with snow and water crossings for where I was living.

Now I'm out of the diesel truck game and I dont tow anything huge. The raptor needs nothing more than a leveling kit IMO (i cant stand the raked look). And why would you want to take away the performance of its suspension setup with a big lift?

There is a gen2 rolling around where I work with the fabtech 4" and 22x14s.... to each their own. not my thing with a truck like this.

OP
OP
GCATX

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I carry around 150 lbs. of works stuff in the bed, couple expandable ladders, some other random stuff, all the time. Truck sits pretty level. I like it and the ride is sublime.