Do replacement Gen 2 fender flares come painted?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They should come painted. Smurf man must have received a freak.
I think it's time we run a thorough background check on this guy!

I just heard from the dealer, he ordered a new flare and he said according to Ford it should come painted. I thought that was really nice of the detail shop to ceramic coat
it for free for me.

Last edited:

mrhinkle

Reaction score
They come unpainted, though after struggling with tiny scratches and another "maroon" who jumped into traffic while panhandling, I took out a road sign and scratched my front left fender flare, and just missed him.
I repainted mine with Raptor Liner, and I am happy with the results. I get small scratches from people in parking lots and trees more than I'd like. I also feel like with a sanding sponge and a rattlecan I can take care of future scratches pretty easily. I think the default painted fenders look good and if they'd hold up that would be my preference. But you can see the before and after, and I am not at all disappointed with the results. The local BulletLiner (Founded by the LineX founder) shop said they'd paint them for $60 and give a lifetime warranty. They did say they'd charge for the labor to remove them and reinstall too.
(I should say that when I contacted Tasca, they said unpainted, dealer prices were too high. Maybe that's because they were painted).

ford_raptor_fender_flares_bediner_.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They come unpainted, though after struggling with tiny scratches and another "maroon" who jumped into traffic while panhandling, I took out a road sign and scratched my front left fender flare, and just missed him.
I repainted mine with Raptor Liner, and I am happy with the results. I get small scratches from people in parking lots and trees more than I'd like. I also feel like with a sanding sponge and a rattlecan I can take care of future scratches pretty easily. I think the default painted fenders look good and if they'd hold up that would be my preference. But you can see the before and after, and I am not at all disappointed with the results. The local BulletLiner (Founded by the LineX founder) shop said they'd paint them for $60 and give a lifetime warranty. They did say they'd charge for the labor to remove them and reinstall too.
(I should say that when I contacted Tasca, they said unpainted, dealer prices were too high. Maybe that's because they were painted).

View attachment 365323
I've seen a few guys do that before, I think that looks great.