Do B&O supercabs have Subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Onboost

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been already asked do supercabs with B&O have subs? Ford is buying back my supercrew and I replacing it with a supercab and cannot find a straight answer.

Thanks in advance

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
funny question...even funnier answer....If you asked me that straight out I'd have to say "no"...but apparently this is one...not that you could tell from the sound system.
My last truck (Titan) had a Rockford Fosgate and there was a sub woofer under the drivers seat. The system was like just about any out there, fancy name, average performance...BUT with the right music the sub woofer would show up.....still waiting to hear from my B&O woofer...:)

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I don't have a supercab, I have a B&O in my supercrew, sub sounded awful, with Forscan, I reprogrammed it as an aftermarket sub, now it vibrates the mirror, your mileage may vary.

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I don't have a supercab, I have a B&O in my supercrew, sub sounded awful, with Forscan, I reprogrammed it as an aftermarket sub, now it vibrates the mirror, your mileage may vary.

Could you point me to the address or module so I could find that code?

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock B&O does come with a sub and the overall sound is better than an average stock setup but that's not saying much. For some people they will be just fine with it but if you've ever ventured into high end audio you won't be satisfied and the Forscan thing is a gimmick at best. Listen to it your self and if you satisfied then you will save yourself 3-6k. If you do go down the rabbit hole here's what I did:

FOCAL ES 165KX2
FOCAL EC 165K
DUAL JL AUDIO 10TW3-D4
Custom sub box mounted behind the rear seat
JL AUDIO TWK™ 88 SYSTEM TUNING PROCESSOR
JL AUDIO HD SERIES HD900/5
ZEN-A2B / DSP12A-A2B

Everything was mounted behind the rear seat to preserve the amazing floor space of my 19' SCREW....and it sounds AMAZING!!!

If you decide to upgrade with aftermarket parts the single most important component is the Zen-A2B which provides the required interface from your head unit and allows you to get rid of the stock amp.

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The stock B&O does come with a sub and the overall sound is better than an average stock setup but that's not saying much. For some people they will be just fine with it but if you've ever ventured into high end audio you won't be satisfied and the Forscan thing is a gimmick at best. Listen to it your self and if you satisfied then you will save yourself 3-6k. If you do go down the rabbit hole here's what I did:

FOCAL ES 165KX2
FOCAL EC 165K
DUAL JL AUDIO 10TW3-D4
Custom sub box mounted behind the rear seat
JL AUDIO TWK[emoji769] 88 SYSTEM TUNING PROCESSOR
JL AUDIO HD SERIES HD900/5
ZEN-A2B / DSP12A-A2B

Everything was mounted behind the rear seat to preserve the amazing floor space of my 19' SCREW....and it sounds AMAZING!!!

If you decide to upgrade with aftermarket parts the single most important component is the Zen-A2B which provides the required interface from your head unit and allows you to get rid of the stock amp.

Quite a few years ago (80’s), I used to build and install competition audio systems, I’ve had my share of 3k watt time aligned stuff, lots -o- fun.

The days of annoying everyone within earshot, sounded great at low volume and would embarrass the “pro’s” that showed up, but, back to raptors...

OEM is pure junk, you can make it sound a little better, I honestly hardly even turn a radio on anymore, and change cars every 2-3 years, so for me, I don’t want to install it, or pull it. Just changing the drivers and sub can get better results, if you want more, it’s out there. I just reprogrammed my sub to see if it would make a difference, it did and it was a positive change, I did try all the settings to find the one I thought sounded the best though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the B&O system sounded fine at low listening levels. the issue is the stock bass management. Ford does not want a bunch of warranty claims for blown speakers. even if they are $3 a piece junk.

So as the volume increases, bass is reduced in all speakers. No amount of speaker replacement and high dollar amps will fix this problem until you remove the factory amp. it is where all the bass management occurs.

You can't get rid of the B&O factory amp without the NAV TV ZEN A2B. That is they key to it all.

The basic entry cost to replace the factory B&O system is around $2,100.