Do B&O supercabs have Subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like to watch this youtube channel as these guys do pretty clean installs and they explain everything.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So you guys are saying this thing is no Bang and all Olufson?

After 9 years with the 2011 Sony system....the B&O is the world's greatest stereo to me. :D (And yes, obviously I've never had a proper setup).

The B&O stereo in the Raptor is the still paper ford junk. The same speakers you find in the sony system. The amp looks to be the same as well. What is different is the B&O has some sort of software / cross over work built into the amp some place.

IMHO.....the 802A package is charging $2k for a 1/2 inch square B&O sticker on the dash. Pure profit for ford. All it took was them to give B&O a small cut to license their name.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Too bad it wasn’t a Lincoln quality Harmon system. These are by far many times superior to the B&O. The new Aviators sound pretty good with the high end packages.

But then Ford would make this the Raptor Blackwood edition.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
The B&O stereo in the Raptor is the still paper ford junk. The same speakers you find in the sony system. The amp looks to be the same as well. What is different is the B&O has some sort of software / cross over work built into the amp some place.

IMHO.....the 802A package is charging $2k for a 1/2 inch square B&O sticker on the dash. Pure profit for ford. All it took was them to give B&O a small cut to license their name.

Went from 2011 Sony (totally stock) to 2019 B&0 (totally stock). Can totally understand if to a proper audiophile both of those systems are absolute junk...but for me it was genuinely a night-day difference. I'm completely kidding calling B&O best stereo ever....but the 2011 Sony was just plain wrong. The stereo in the last rental car I had (2019 RAV4) was more accurate (not as loud, but still notably more accurate at medium-for-it volumes). Sony was not worn out either, it was bad on day 1 and day 3200, and brother's identical truck was same. I actually enjoy the sound in my 2019.

Jeff Boone

Reaction score
The stock B&O does come with a sub and the overall sound is better than an average stock setup but that's not saying much. For some people they will be just fine with it but if you've ever ventured into high end audio you won't be satisfied and the Forscan thing is a gimmick at best. Listen to it your self and if you satisfied then you will save yourself 3-6k. If you do go down the rabbit hole here's what I did:

FOCAL ES 165KX2
FOCAL EC 165K
DUAL JL AUDIO 10TW3-D4
Custom sub box mounted behind the rear seat
JL AUDIO TWK™ 88 SYSTEM TUNING PROCESSOR
JL AUDIO HD SERIES HD900/5
ZEN-A2B / DSP12A-A2B

Everything was mounted behind the rear seat to preserve the amazing floor space of my 19' SCREW....and it sounds AMAZING!!!

If you decide to upgrade with aftermarket parts the single most important component is the Zen-A2B which provides the required interface from your head unit and allows you to get rid of the stock amp.

Cost all in?

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$5k is way overkill

So then tell us...what prices are you able to get on the parts I listed? If you're proposing different components then please list your alternatives. Iagree that the parts listed are on the upper end and a decent system can put together for less but I listed the components I used and the current prices. Your post doesn't help anyone.

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$5k is way overkill

I’m not an audiophile, but that sounds about right. Focals going to sound much better than the stock speakers. B&O/Harman/JBl/Infinity/Mark Levinson are all the same company. Lexus charges $3,300 for Mark Levinson (on top of $2,000 Navigation package). Our system is cheap and you get what you pay for. My MB came with $2,300 Harmon Kardon system on top of the $2,300 Navigation package. I used to think it was mediocre until I listened to our B&O system. I don’t think you can ever beat a good aftermarket option, which should cost more than the factory premium system.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Point is......$5k is overkill...you can accomplish the same goal by spending $2,300 (no labor). I spent that much replacing everything in my system with quality mid level gear, and it sounds fantastic. You don't have to spend $5k to get awesome results.

I see everyone always includes Focal drivers in their quotes. They are great, but way overkill for an off road truck.