Do B&O supercabs have Subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the B&O system sounded fine at low listening levels. the issue is the stock bass management. Ford does not want a bunch of warranty claims for blown speakers. even if they are $3 a piece junk.

So as the volume increases, bass is reduced in all speakers. No amount of speaker replacement and high dollar amps will fix this problem until you remove the factory amp. it is where all the bass management occurs.

You can't get rid of the B&O factory amp without the NAV TV ZEN A2B. That is they key to it all.

The basic entry cost to replace the factory B&O system is around $2,100.

^^^THIS^^^, which is why all I will do is some driver replacement and enhancements with forscan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Quite a few years ago (80’s), I used to build and install competition audio systems, I’ve had my share of 3k watt time aligned stuff, lots -o- fun.

Same...I was in the car audio business from 1987 to about 1996. Much has changed since 1996, but a lot has stayed the same.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
THis is why we are ruined to this day. We know what a great audio system is about. We also know oem systems will also pale in comparison.

My last truck a Ram had an infinity system in it. Surprisingly good sound for what it was except for lack of bass and no sub. 10” Titanium Phoenix Gold sub(bargain), fiberglass molded underseat enclosure, and picked up a used JL Audio 500W mono block at 2 ohms rocked this truck. The factory amp on the rest of the system kept up volume wise and stayed very clear. Left this setup alone for years after.

I’ll probably leave the B&O system mainly intact for now, but it only gets so much volume before it starts to show what it’s really about. Tuned it the best I can.

But how can I squeeze more bass out of the factory sub system?

I disabled the fake engine noise but only the ACM module. On the Raptor do I also need to perform the mod to the DSP as well 783-01-01?

Then lastly should I perform the “Aux External Subwoofer” mod on the ACM module? Will I gain more sub volume and just open it up as I heard or is this hogwash?

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
THis is why we are ruined to this day. We know what a great audio system is about. We also know oem systems will also pale in comparison.

My last truck a Ram had an infinity system in it. Surprisingly good sound for what it was except for lack of bass and no sub. 10” Titanium Phoenix Gold sub(bargain), fiberglass molded underseat enclosure, and picked up a used JL Audio 500W mono block at 2 ohms rocked this truck. The factory amp on the rest of the system kept up volume wise and stayed very clear. Left this setup alone for years after.

I’ll probably leave the B&O system mainly intact for now, but it only gets so much volume before it starts to show what it’s really about. Tuned it the best I can.

But how can I squeeze more bass out of the factory sub system?

I disabled the fake engine noise but only the ACM module. On the Raptor do I also need to perform the mod to the DSP as well 783-01-01?

Then lastly should I perform the “Aux External Subwoofer” mod on the ACM module? Will I gain more sub volume and just open it up as I heard or is this hogwash?

With the key on, engine off, radio off, when you put your ear to a door speaker, can you hear faint white noise? That’s the “fake engine noise” that you’re looking to turn off, your ‘19 may be different than my ‘18, I only had to do the ACM. As far as the sub, you will need to experiment, not a lot of data on it, mine sounds like a sub now, instead of a 8” wide range speaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will have to listen and see if it’s still enabled or not. Thanks

So you enables the Auxiliary External Subwoofer and it’s hitting harder?

That’s exactly how mine sounds now, like a mid bass driver at best or the right song comes on, it hits a little stronger with some volume. I like a sub to be able to provide low volume depth. I realize this is a basic 8” and a 100W amp, so not asking for miracles. Just looking to maximize.

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will have to listen and see if it’s still enabled or not. Thanks

So you enables the Auxiliary External Subwoofer and it’s hitting harder?

That’s exactly how mine sounds now, like a mid bass driver at best or the right song comes on, it hits a little stronger with some volume. I like a sub to be able to provide low volume depth. I realize this is a basic 8” and a 100W amp, so not asking for miracles. Just looking to maximize.

Mid bass, I had 4 8” drivers for mid bass in my last car that had a “system”.

Yep, enable it as an aux sub, see how it sounds, iirc there are some settings you can adjust with forscan, just save your original file, unless you have a photographic memory.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I backed up all the As Built Modules the first time I hooked up FORScan to the truck. Didn’t want to break a 200 mile truck.

I will have to enable auxiliary sub. Curious to see if it free’s the sun to perform and be all it can be. I never have run an 8” sub before and I know size matters. But I hoped for more from this setup.

DrewFish11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I backed up all the As Built Modules the first time I hooked up FORScan to the truck. Didn’t want to break a 200 mile truck.

I will have to enable auxiliary sub. Curious to see if it free’s the sun to perform and be all it can be. I never have run an 8” sub before and I know size matters. But I hoped for more from this setup.

Let us know and report back on your findings. I’m curious to see if it’s worth while to break out the forscan program once again. Thanks!