Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

DMV off roading

Discussion in 'Off-Roading Your Raptor' started by Donovan, Sep 26, 2019.

1. zombiekiller

zombiekiller EXO Crewmember

Just north of carova up to the nc/va state line is prob the most isolated and least frequented.

also- you will end up having a nice conversation with a wildlife official if your dog chases the wild ponies. ( ask me how i know. heh)

Closer than rausch creek are the pine barrens in southern new jersey. its all sand and sandy mud if it has been raining. ( at least its not rock crawling)

2. Donovan

Donovan Full Access Member

Or...

Maybe 2020 I buy fucking 20 acres and open it..

3. realjones88

realjones88 Full Access Member

Reading Outdoors is next door to Rausch Creek and has some wide open sections (it's coal mining land and you can drive in the areas they aren't actively using). You buy a permit and can drive around their land whenever you want (watch out for ATVs/dirtbikes though) https://readingoutdoors.com/

Rausch Creek is almost entirely Jeep crawling, but has a high speed area they open a couple times a year for the Raptor Takeover events: https://www.raptortakeover.com/

I personally find the Raptor too wide to really enjoy the Jeep trails and slow crawling.

A lot of midatlantic people are driving to the Snoball or Silver Lake (MI), Durhamtown (GA) or even as far as Texas for the Raptor Run.

4. Donovan

Donovan Full Access Member

Oh wow. Thanks for this...

I will take a looksoon

5. Uncas

Uncas Full Access Member

Big Levels - Raphine area has some good trails off the BRP, theres also some good fire roads in GWNF. Once you’ve gotten bored of all the rules in OBX,(it was great 30 years ago when you could camp on the beach) take the ferry from Atlantic out to Portsmouth Island or out of Davis to Cape Lookout. The red drum should be running right about now.