DIY Water / Methanol Injection and GooseTuned Combo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Therock88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Group,

As on other forums, I typically post up information and DIYs I feel may be useful to others. In that spirit, I have posted a link to one of my DIY documents on installing a Water Methanol Injection System on the Ford F-150 Raptor (or regular F-150 actually). To be clear, this is intended to be helpful information for someone who may be thinking about, or wanting to do this on their Raptor/F-150. It is not intended to be a debate on pros/cons/methods etc.. If you are an expert, and/or if you have another way to do this - or NOT do this - Great! Do what works for you...This is simply how I did it.

Additionally I just got my Cam Phasers replaced, and added Cobb Transmission Tune and GooseTuned Custom 93 Octane tune (still in progress), so I thought I would comment on that as well...

So Winfield (Owner of GooseTuned) has been great to work with, and very helpful. We are working on a number of revisions and data logs to dial in the Raptor, and it is very noticeably faster. I would (like many others) highly recommend Winfield and GooseTuned - using Cobb AP for your tuning!

I had the Cam Phasers replaced at the local dealer and all is great now...No rattles, and runs great. Then I added the GooseTuned ECU and Cobb TCM tunes, and it has no effect on the Cam Phaser updates etc., for those wondering.

I designed and installed a WMI system linked below on the Raptor after the Cam work was done (did not want to give them any reason to deny it!)..And now have been using the WMI on my Datalogging so Winfield can tune for it. I am using the COBB Sport V101 TCM tune, and it shifts great! So far this seems to be a good combo. I also plan on adding a better CAC/Intercooler soon as well. Keeping these cooler always helps. I have similar set-ups on my 911 Twin Turbo, and Jaguar F-Type R Supercharged as well...and it definitely keeps them cooler and resists pulling timing.

Hope this is helpful to some...And good luck to any who chose to install something similar. And again...Highly recommend GooseTuned and COBB AP!

DC

LINK TO MY WMI DIY PDF

My Ride...
1s.jpg

OP
OP
Therock88

Therock88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Thank you for the details!
You bet. And thanks for the excellent work on the tune files. I have never had or heard of a tuner as engaged and responsive as you have been. The truck is running great...and great(|er) with each revision you have sent. This is the BEST BANG for the buck by far. Everyone should get one....No reason to leave this beast all chained up! :) May have to line it up to one of my other cars that has claws and see how close they are when we are done …Although this one also has teeth. haha

DC

1S.jpg

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I never get why people would use a water/**** mix!?!? I use straight ****. VP M1 to be exact. Dual nozzle Direct injection via intake pipe about 5-6” ahead of the throttle body on my vette. I don’t get why you’d want to put ANY water in your engine regardless if it’s mixed w/ alcohol or not, + pure **** negates the issue of matching a blend to a tune