How To DIY Stubby Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm unsure of what flavor bubble gum to use to attach my Chupacabre antenna topper, and instruction said to use 3/16x1/2 pop rivets but Tizz didn't mention anything about pop rivets.

ALE33x

Reaction score
Love this post. Would have never considered the grapefruit. Might have to utilize double stuffed oreos in my area!

fur_pig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put on my stubby this weekend, wish it had a flat machined into it so you could tighten with a wrench. Put a little blue loctite on it and ran it on by hand. Reception is noticeably a bit worse but I am in the mountains.

FordraptorHero

Reaction score
I too had the issue of not being able to tighten my silver bullet, however I managed to get it done. First I applied a 36 inch pipe wrench to the bullet (make sure u have a 3 point bite for safety). Now this is the tricky part, find some friends to help you. Once u have atleast two other people with u (all wearing hearing and eye protection) apply the Cheater bar to the pipe wrench and start to apply pressure like ur trying to catch a hemroid. if it is still not tight after following these steps I'd reccomend taking it to the dealer ship, hopefully they don't void ur warranty for replacing ur oem antenna As this is known to cause issues with the sync 3 system