DIY stereo upgrade for under $500.00

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can one of you fellas tell me what wires I can tap of off the factory harness in back to power up my Audio Control LC2i and JL Audio amp? I think the amp is auto sensing, but the the audio control.

So remote turn on and 12v switched power would be needed.

Is there a FAQ or sticky to reference? I was going to start probing but figured I would ask the people who know.

Thanks

Not sure if helpful but I think the BO wiring is linked to in this thread: https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/2018-speaker-diagram.60420/

Not sure that helps to locate the wires to tap into or which wires to tap into. In one thread, I think someone said to cut the plug off the wiring going from the stock amp to the stock BO sub and wire thr Lc2i/nee amp with those wires.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks but this doesn’t break down the power wires going into the BO amp. Looking what I can tap into.

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks but this doesn’t break down the power wires going into the BO amp. Looking what I can tap into.

This is from the NAV-TV A2B installation instructions. I've tapped the stuff for my install and it is accurate.

BO pinout.jpg

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to run dedicated power and ground for your sub amp. Lc2i will share that power source. Remote turn on can be obtained from fuse 23 in the passenger side kick panel.

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definetly do NOT pull power from the B&O harness for the amp power. The LC2i has signal sensing from the Hi lvl inputs (the speaker wires you will tap) and that will turn it on so you don't need a trigger line for the LC2i. Than just run the remote trigger out from the LC2i to your amp and you're good.

Hush Car Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definetly do NOT pull power from the B&O harness for the amp power. The LC2i has signal sensing from the Hi lvl inputs (the speaker wires you will tap) and that will turn it on so you don't need a trigger line for the LC2i. Than just run the remote trigger out from the LC2i to your amp and you're good.

Good point if the LC2i is turning on then use the remote out from the LC2i to turn on the amp.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Awesome guys, great info and that will get me going. Good to know about fuse 23 for remote trigger.

@lateralis your little schematic should work perfectly for me as well.

I do already have the 4ga power cabling to the battery installed.

Thanks guys!

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Finally found some time to finish hooking up the amp, LC2i and the sub. The trigger works as you guys said it would. I’m using the auto sense from the sub hi Levs into the LC2i and then triggering the amp from the LC2i. I just find it interesting if you even unlock the truck and open the back door and look at the equipment, it’s powered up. Even before you hit start, there is Signal out from the B&O kicking on my equipment. It seems to shortly power off however if the truck is not started or turned on for that matter. So all seems fine.