DIY stereo upgrade for under $500.00

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It won’t hurt to swap the fronts, but you won’t get as much out of it as you would if you got rid of the poor mixing of the factory amp.

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will just changing out the door 6x9s improve the sound on my 2019? If so, which ones would you recommend?

Don’t swap the door speakers, replace the door speakers AND tweeters with a component set (separate tweeter and midbass. DO NOT install a set of coax, 2-way, 3-way).

If you swap the door speakers with the Morel Maximo components you will hear a noticeable improvement in output and sound quality but set your expectations properly. These speakers are designed to work with factory power but become really impressive if you decide to add an amp later on. Disconnect the center. Don’t worry about the rears for now. Leave them stock.

Last edited:

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can I jump back in and ask if anyone knows of a single 10” sub enclosure I can use under the right side rear seat? I can then preserve the floor space of the large seat.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow interesting. 4.5” height on the enclosure. This enclosure and sub gets a lot of good reviews. I can power it with an older 500/1 slash series amp at this point. Thanks it’s on my list now.

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow interesting. 4.5” height on the enclosure. This enclosure and sub gets a lot of good reviews. I can power it with an older 500/1 slash series amp at this point. Thanks it’s on my list now.

Yeah, the tw3 is pretty impressive! I mean, it’s 1 10” woofer so don’t expect to blow your windows out, but it’s going to be more than enough for impactful bass, cabin filling bass. That amp is perfect!

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ran this amp in my last truck against a single 10” and it was very nice sounding. So I can live with a single 10 again I think. The stock 8 as we know is nothing more than a mid bass woofer in this truck. Just looking for some accurate punch.

TK85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I need different screws to mount the speakers to the adapters but do you use the factory screws to mount the adapter to the doors?