DIY Paint Correction/Coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
pierceography

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So related to the ceramic coating, specifically the latest Adams product if anyone has experience: Does the entire bottle need to be used as soon as it's opened, or can it be saved for another car on a future date?

I'm wondering, because my plan is to practice on the tailgate/hood of my current F150 and then move on to my wife's Explorer. (And Raptor once I'm sufficiently practiced) But I don't plan on doing both at the same time. So if I open a bottle of CC for the hood and tailgate of my truck, can the rest of that same bottle be used a week or two later on my wife's Explorer? Or does opening the bottle trigger curing that requires it to be applied within a certain period of time?

Looking at you, @AdamsPolishes

Thanks!

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So related to the ceramic coating, specifically the latest Adams product if anyone has experience: Does the entire bottle need to be used as soon as it's opened, or can it be saved for another car on a future date?

I'm wondering, because my plan is to practice on the tailgate/hood of my current F150 and then move on to my wife's Explorer. (And Raptor once I'm sufficiently practiced) But I don't plan on doing both at the same time. So if I open a bottle of CC for the hood and tailgate of my truck, can the rest of that same bottle be used a week or two later on my wife's Explorer? Or does opening the bottle trigger curing that requires it to be applied within a certain period of time?

Looking at you, @AdamsPolishes

Thanks!

The product will be fine to use a few weeks apart as long as the lid is kept on tight. You can get much longer shelf life of the product (ie months) by putting the lid back on during the application, each time you put more on the applicator.

OP
OP
pierceography

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The product will be fine to use a few weeks apart as long as the lid is kept on tight. You can get much longer shelf life of the product (ie months) by putting the lid back on during the application, each time you put more on the applicator.

I definitely plan on putting the lid back on after each application, so good to know I could go longer. Though I'll probably practice on my F150, then move onto my wife's Explorer a week or so later, so it's good to know that's not an issue.

Thanks for the quick reply and info!

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I definitely plan on putting the lid back on after each application, so good to know I could go longer. Though I'll probably practice on my F150, then move onto my wife's Explorer a week or so later, so it's good to know that's not an issue.

Thanks for the quick reply and info!

Just to clarify, put the lid back on each time you get some product. You will end up taking the lid on and off many times during one application session, but keeping the air out prolongs the shelf life.

OP
OP
pierceography

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify, put the lid back on each time you get some product. You will end up taking the lid on and off many times during one application session, but keeping the air out prolongs the shelf life.

Yep, I noticed that during the videos I watched last week, so that was certainly the plan. Thanks for the clarification though.

SnowDawg

Reaction score
I did mine a few weeks ago and was good about not holding the jar and replacing the lid. Just checked, it's still good.