GEN 2 DIY oil changes / factory warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol this is why I noted your advice as bad advice because you don’t care about facts. You only care about what YOU think is right.

Yes, I will keep buying AMSOIL. Why? Because the performance is there. I have my oils tested by an independent lab. The scientific data is what influences what I purchase—not promo videos. And I would encourage anybody else to do the same. I don’t recommend anyone to blindly hold to a set of beliefs without first testing whether such beliefs are warranted.

AMSOIL is not the only good oil on the market and I always phrase my language to accommodate that fact. As you can see in this thread, I never said AMSOIL is the one and only true oil. In fact, I even recommended oil service intervals 10-15k BELOW their 25k recommendation. Why? Because I know what the science has shown on my oil tests. I highly recommend AMSOIL because my vehicles run great after YEARS of use. But I do not look down on others, who choose to run other brands.

Premium products hardly never become mainstream. People are too pragmatic and only care about costs—you seem to fit this mold since you in some way feel superior to me (and others) because you are paying 3-4 times less on oil. Quite frankly, I don’t know why you subjected price into the discussion. No one had mentioned it. It really has no bearing on this discussion. If you look at annual protection full synthetics (good for up to a year or 20,000 miles), then AMSOIL Signature Series is slightly more than its competitors. By no means is it 3-4 times the price of a competitor’s product.

Cool down! I’m not the one “saying/claiming/promoting” anything.

You have gone on a pretty big rant here. You are the one putting words into my mouth. You are the one insulting my experience, knowledge and preferences... assuming you have some sort of insight into my thoughts and beliefs.

I submit... I’ll buy your Amsoil if you stop bashing.

D

Deleted member 17706

Cool down! I’m not the one “saying/claiming/promoting” anything.

You have gone on a pretty big rant here. You are the one putting words into my mouth. You are the one insulting my experience, knowledge and preferences... assuming you have some sort of insight into my thoughts and beliefs.

I submit... I’ll buy your Amsoil if you stop bashing.

Lol I am cool. You said long drain intervals were debunked a long time ago. I refuted that claim and you responded by insinuating that promos are the reason I buy AMSOIL and that you always thought AMSOIL was a snake oil product.

Maybe I did read more into the 3-4 times price statement. But it came off to me that it is a waste of money because one is “still losing.”

Kmorgs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone consider Motul Sport Ester 5W-40? I would think it would be perfect for these engines, great oil.

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reason I'm switching to amsoil is I recently started riding dirt bikes again and the company I get my parts from the owner does very extensive testing and he's in these 2 stroke engines all the time and he says compared to other oils the amsoil leaves next o no sludge deposits in the cranks and the piston wear is is excellent . Also consider the amsoil says you can run a 80:1 mixture or a 100:1 mixture all other oils are 40,50,60:1 ratio so if your running such a low ratio say even 80:1 which I'm runnning I would say it's a much better oil if your running such a low amount of oil in the gas and you get that kind of performance and no sludge! I know it's not the same oil but it's the same company so wouldn't think of it as snake oil I know it's a lot more money but if you get better wear and hopefully no sludge I think it will be worth the money. I'm going to call amsoil on Monday to discuss this just for the heck of it and see what they have to say ? Btw I'm not trying to start anything I'm just giving my rational for switching to amsoil.
Thanks !!

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone consider Motul Sport Ester 5W-40? I would think it would be perfect for these engines, great oil.

I switched from 5w30 to 5w40 on my Subaru after advise from my tuner. With a stage 2 Protune and some oil loss, 5w40 now fares better in my STi.

Motul and Amsoil 5w40 were very good in my STi but I have settled on Rotella T6 5w40. I’m a big fan of Rotella T6 and ran 5w30 Multi-Vehicle in my Raptor.

Not sure about switching to 5w40 in the Raptor. Haven’t seen any oil loss yet. I’m trying different oils to see what is suitable for my situation. Right now, I’m running Amsoil 5w30 SS in the Raptor.

So I don’t completely derail this thread, to the OP:

I don’t really save any oil/filter receipts. Couldn’t be bothered. I reset the oil life and snap a pic of the screen. I got an album in my photos with the maintenance on my Raptor.

Kmorgs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reason I'm switching to amsoil is I recently started riding dirt bikes again and the company I get my parts from the owner does very extensive testing and he's in these 2 stroke engines all the time and he says compared to other oils the amsoil leaves next o no sludge deposits in the cranks and the piston wear is is excellent . Also consider the amsoil says you can run a 80:1 mixture or a 100:1 mixture all other oils are 40,50,60:1 ratio so if your running such a low ratio say even 80:1 which I'm runnning I would say it's a much better oil if your running such a low amount of oil in the gas and you get that kind of performance and no sludge! I know it's not the same oil but it's the same company so wouldn't think of it as snake oil I know it's a lot more money but if you get better wear and hopefully no sludge I think it will be worth the money. I'm going to call amsoil on Monday to discuss this just for the heck of it and see what they have to say ? Btw I'm not trying to start anything I'm just giving my rational for switching to amsoil.
Thanks !!

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Makes sense!

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol this is why I noted your advice as bad advice because you don’t care about facts. You only care about what YOU think is right.

Yes, I will keep buying AMSOIL. Why? Because the performance is there. I have my oils tested by an independent lab. The scientific data is what influences what I purchase—not promo videos. And I would encourage anybody else to do the same. I don’t recommend anyone to blindly hold to a set of beliefs without first testing whether such beliefs are warranted.

AMSOIL is not the only good oil on the market and I always phrase my language to accommodate that fact. As you can see in this thread, I never said AMSOIL is the one and only true oil. In fact, I even recommended oil service intervals 10-15k BELOW their 25k recommendation. Why? Because I know what the science has shown on my oil tests. I highly recommend AMSOIL because my vehicles run great after YEARS of use. But I do not look down on others, who choose to run other brands.

Premium products hardly never become mainstream. People are too pragmatic and only care about costs—you seem to fit this mold since you in some way feel superior to me (and others) because you are paying 3-4 times less on oil. Quite frankly, I don’t know why you subjected price into the discussion. No one had mentioned it. It really has no bearing on this discussion. If you look at annual protection full synthetics (good for up to a year or 20,000 miles), then AMSOIL Signature Series is slightly more than its competitors. By no means is it 3-4 times the price of a competitor’s product.

Amsoil is legit. Noticeable improvement over standard/mainstream synthetics when I use their stuff in the differential & transmission (manual - so I really CAN FEEL the difference)

Westy737

Reaction score
Check out youtube -
Amsoil or Pennzoil, which wins Championship? Let's find out!

I now buy the Pennzoil Ultra Premium on amazon and save a bunch of $$. Yes, I know Amsoil won by a tiny fraction.