GEN 2 DIY oil changes / factory warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evoke35

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are you guys keeping proof that the oil was changed? Have you been asked for proof during a warranty repair?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bailer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are you guys keeping proof that the oil was changed? Have you been asked for proof during a warranty repair?

I buy all my oil and filters at the dealer and keep the receipts with my service records.

The only oil change the dealer has done is for my oil pan warranty work. They have never raised the issue.

Kirby Lastinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use amsoil and keep all receipts. I keep all my service records on an Excel spreadsheet, with date, mileage, what was done, and who performed it.

D

Deleted member 17706

I keep a notebook folder in all my vehicles for service records. I run AMSOIL products. So I put my AMSOIL invoice in the folder and note the date of when I change the oil and the mileage on the vehicle. In short, my vehicles have flight logbooks.

No dealership will deny your warranty if you have documentation of your service records and your service intervals are consistent with what the manufacturer posits.

Redleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have custom binders printed that have the Ford logo on the front and my vin printed on the side. One binder has maintenance printed under the Ford logo and the other has accessories printed on it. Looks sharp and when you sell the truck people like to see everything you’ve done to it, from oil, to damage repair , to lights purchased etc. I’m a little OCD and like shit to look good. When you sell it people think, **** this guy is OCD, pretty sure he’s taken care of her. Google where to get custom binders printed...

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought some amsoil for my raptor they say it's good for up to 25 k depending on conditions same with the filter what are you guys doing mileage wise between ? Ive been running Quaker state full synthetic in my rigs and usually run about 5500- 7k depending on driving conditions and the way the oil looks and feels.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 17706

I just bought some amsoil for my raptor they say it's good for up to 25 k depending on conditions same with the filter what are you guys doing mileage wise between ? Ive been running Quaker state full synthetic in my rigs and usually run about 5500- 7k depending on driving conditions and the way the oil looks and feels.

I wouldn’t expect to get 25k—your driving conditions would have to be near perfect to achieve that. I always changed mine every 10k before I started doing oil analysis. Changing it at 10k intervals is easy to remember and will be early enough to insure the oil has not went bad (better be early than late).

Now that I do oil analysis, I test the oil at 10k and allow the scientific data to determine when I change it. Pay attention to the TBN and viscosity numbers. With AMSOIL, your wear metals will be low. You should be able to get 12-15k on the oil. Allow the oil analysis to guide you because driving conditions vary (how hard you drive the truck, city/highway driving, weather, and so on), which greatly affects the life of the oil. This is why AMSOIL notes normal and severe service intervals.

You should add a Fumoto valve if you want to sample your oil. It will make it much easier to do.

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t expect to get 25k—your driving conditions would have to be near perfect to achieve that. I always changed mine every 10k before I started doing oil analysis. Changing it at 10k intervals is easy to remember and will be early enough to insure the oil has not went bad (better be early than late).

Now that I do oil analysis, I test the oil at 10k and allow the scientific data to determine when I change it. Pay attention to the TBN and viscosity numbers. With AMSOIL, your wear metals will be low. You should be able to get 12-15k on the oil. Allow the oil analysis to guide you because driving conditions vary (how hard you drive the truck, city/highway driving, weather, and so on), which greatly affects the life of the oil. This is why AMSOIL notes normal and severe service intervals.

You should add a Fumoto valve if you want to sample your oil. It will make it much easier to do.
I have a fumoto valve installed.what analysis test are you running not sure ive heard of that?
Thanks !