DIY Naturally Aspirated 6.2L Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
bubblehead93

bubblehead93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently use a SCT x4 with a tune from VMP. Have spoke with them a bit and plan is a remote startup tune and then have them dyno tune.

OP
OP
bubblehead93

bubblehead93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so latest update is the rods will ship from Manley end of this week or early next... then balance big end & little end of each rod... then off they go to Cody Dawson for crank balancing... DCR is still working the cam regrind... hopefully everything will start coming together in early to mid October...

OP
OP
bubblehead93

bubblehead93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so cams should be done this week by DCR. Cody checked all the cylinder wall thicknesses and we are cleared hot to take the block out to 4.080" for a 392 cui (or so) motor at 10.9:1 static compression. Still waiting on the rods from Manley and the main studs from ARP before I can proceed further. Was hoping for an update on the rods today... maybe tomorrow I guess... slow is fast is the saying, but sometimes slow is just slow...

OP
OP
bubblehead93

bubblehead93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spoke with Manley directly, they manufacture in batches of 10 sets of rods, one of which is the set I ordered via Summit. Based on the backlog of machine work they have going on, they estimated 6-7 more weeks before the batch clears machining and is ready for shipment... not the news I was looking for but better than the routine email from Summit stating my ship date had slipped another three weeks to the right... who knows maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised and they'll show up early... at least they were able to look in the production que and verify that my order was there... which also means 9 other sets of connecting rods are going to come available here in the next couple months... merry xmas...

akley88

Reaction score
Spoke with Manley directly, they manufacture in batches of 10 sets of rods, one of which is the set I ordered via Summit. Based on the backlog of machine work they have going on, they estimated 6-7 more weeks before the batch clears machining and is ready for shipment... not the news I was looking for but better than the routine email from Summit stating my ship date had slipped another three weeks to the right... who knows maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised and they'll show up early... at least they were able to look in the production que and verify that my order was there... which also means 9 other sets of connecting rods are going to come available here in the next couple months... merry xmas...
sounds like your trying to get me to spend some money on new rods.