DIY Maintenance Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, this is good info - the plethora of Motorcraft 820S & Ford Racing oil filters from the Cobra sitting in boxes in my garage are compatible with the Raptor engine, score!

Ragegame15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm finally getting to that section in the manual. I'm in the middle of moving and starting a new job so free time is pretty limited. I guess I'm just used to something a little more separate and directive. This thing covers each engine and type of f-150.

OP
OP
Humvee21

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm finally getting to that section in the manual. I'm in the middle of moving and starting a new job so free time is pretty limited. I guess I'm just used to something a little more separate and directive. This thing covers each engine and type of f-150.

You're looking for a service manual. I don't know where to get one but maybe eBay has it.

Tommysyko

Full Access Member
Reaction score

svt87

Reaction score
Personalized Vehicle Owner Information

They have one online that's based on driving habits. Should be pretty normal vehicle schedule.

Just a suggestion for DIY ers. Takes the guessing and risk out of the drain plug, cross threading, over tighting, convenience in the field.
FUMOTO ENGINEERING
Part # F-106

Fumoto F-106 Engine Oil Drain Valve
http://amzn.com/B003OXUPOQ
$23.50 via Amazon prime
Do you have this on your truck? Worth getting? Concerned about how it sticks out, higher chance of it getting ripped off?

Tommysyko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not on my truck. Had it on a 2000 celica (stock height) and 04 wrx (lowered). Not sure about the angle of the drain for the truck. Been doing dealership maintenance since it was included in the truck so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f52/oil-drain-plug-right-11502/

It looks like we're good since the sway bar would be hit first prior to the oil pan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk