Diy eibach springs install tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mille_ed

Reaction score
Dealer quoted $850 for install and alignment on a 2020. Going to install them myself and then get it aligned.

Can I do everything from the wheel, anything hard to access?
How many other components do I need to disconnect and tuck out of the way?

CHMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can certainly do it yourself. I had a buddy with an at home shop help me out, he had a proper air tool setup, it took us ~2 hours. I trust you have a heavy duty spring compressor? We used one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MMLG9ZU/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Pretty standard spring swap. Unplug live valve sensors > remove bottom strut mounting bolt, top three spring tower bolts > pull strut assembly out > make sure to mark the top and bottom spring seat alignment to make new spring install easy > compress strut and remove top hat bolt > swap new spring into compressor > align top and bottom markings you made > reverse removal process to install back into truck > enjoy one (or a few) of your favorite beer(s).

Make sure you properly torque all your bolts, it will make noise if you don't.

I found it took ~1 week and ~100 miles for the front end to pretty much settle well enough to get it aligned.

Gaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disconnect sway bar and loosen the lower control arm. You’ll thank me later. Time to get them out is greater than the time to stuff them back in.

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Easy on a brand new truck. You can find YouTube videos for shock replacement which is pretty much what your doing. FYI the lower shock mount bolt is 405 foot pounds torqued

OP
OP
M

Mille_ed

Reaction score
Thanks for tips, it really helped.

Removing the top tower strut bolts on passenger side was a pita. Couldn't get a wrench in the back one. I ended up removing the wheel well liner to gain access and it was much easier that way. It also made it easier to unplug the live valve connector.

Taking the shocks to a shop today to swap the springs. I watched too many videos of spring compressors letting go on youtube and haven't updated my will.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What torque did you guys use for the top on nut on shocks after you put the springs on? Is it 41lbs?
I got a torque wrench on 5 of the 6 of them with a long extension (couldn’t get to the nut on the passenger side that’s furthest away from the engine, as it’s too far under the battery). I realize it’s not exactly accurate to use an extension, though. And from the torque table I found, they should be 30 ft lb.