DIY dash speaker improvement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gcode450

Reaction score
So I was watching this video to install the Builtright dash mount
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xucI6KfXPfE
and got the idea to wrap the center dash speaker. I did the sub a couple weeks back and had some left over matting. Now with this done to the front I would say it is a slight plus improvement. The sound is improved imo. Anyway just sharing what I dug into while I waited for the UPS guy to deliver the FP Touring exhaust (tomorrow’s project).:biggrin:

Easy to do this speaker mod by the way. Although the center piece was a grunt to remove unlike the video. The first pic was before then the after pic. I also did both sides where the speaker mounts onto the center piece. No issues whatsoever and everything fit back perfectly.

03882D32-F90D-4217-AE12-9B650C82F6CA.jpg

284F2B4B-17C9-4E3B-8D22-5AB8FBE39416.jpg

6145969C-407C-41C6-A51F-10A4E0E13C66.jpg

Last edited:

eclou

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was watching this video to install the Builtright dash mount
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xucI6KfXPfE
and got the idea to wrap the center dash speaker. I did the sub a couple weeks back and had some left over matting. Now with this done to the front I would say it is a slight plus improvement. The sound is improved imo. Anyway just sharing what I dug into while I waited for the UPS guy to deliver the FP Touring exhaust (tomorrow’s project).:biggrin:

Easy to do this speaker mod by the way. Although the center piece was a grunt to remove unlike the video. The first pic was before then the after pic. I also did both sides where the speaker mounts onto the center piece. No issues whatsoever and everything fit back perfectly.

I like the way you think! Now I have a new weekend project!

OP
OP
Gcode450

Gcode450

Reaction score
I like the way you think! Now I have a new weekend project!

:Rock on:

After a few days of listening to tunes, it compliments the rear sub DIY wrap nicely. It brings the front and rear together imo.

A tip if you get to it is I made a paper template for the first pic before cutting the matting. It helped with fitting and placement. Because the adhesive really sticks!

eclou

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:Rock on:

After a few days of listening to tunes, it compliments the rear sub DIY wrap nicely. It brings the front and rear together imo.

A tip if you get to it is I made a paper template for the first pic before cutting the matting. It helped with fitting and placement. Because the adhesive really sticks!

f83e13fc005394433a6a76a793f11042.jpg