DIY 6.2 Spark Plug Change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Local dealer claims to be busy till 3rd week into January! I'm screwed. Cant drive my truck and dont trust anyone with it.
Well with the holidays and the fact most dealers are short staffed, that seems about right. If they are your go to shop, then book it and hope they get an opening sooner. Keep us posted.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There's a very small puck that goes inline. I'm "assuming" in the boot and I think is some sort of resister. Possibly to reduce electrical interference. There's 8 in a wire set.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There's a very small puck that goes inline. I'm "assuming" in the boot and I think is some sort of resister. Possibly to reduce electrical interference. There's 8 in a wire set.
Pics? I never seen anything like that when I changed out my coils and wires. Is it this big?
thumb_720_450_hocky-puck-shutterstock_98857229.jpg

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The wire set I was looking at included the "pellet" \resistor with the wires and boots. I couldn't find any previous posts about it other than one mentioned that had corroded in place.

It was recommended that it should be changed along with the wires. Curious that those changing plugs and wires did not mention it.