DIY: 2012 FORD RAPTOR Super Crew

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
U

UniqueOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only if you drink a beer or two in the process, it took me 15 minutes to install and that was redoing the clamps. :) Love the Bakflip so far.

I installed PIAA remote control switch so I can turn it on/off when I worked on the bed. No need to walk to the dome switch to turn it on/off. I also ran the power from battery but trigger by parking lights. I took my time to do it right.

I think I might install another set on the running board. So it will turn on when I open the door.

OP
OP
U

UniqueOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PIAA Cross Country HID Driving Lights

Accessory: PIAA Cross Country HID Driving Lights
Part Number: 01282
Manufacture: PIAA Corporation, USA
Install Time: 60 Minutes

Installation instruction

pic1282.png

info1282.png

DSC_2553.jpg

DSC_2552.jpg

DSC_2556.jpg

DSC_2554.jpg

Hi.gifHi2.gif

Last edited:
OP
OP
U

UniqueOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like those look like you could almost fit 3 in do they give off good light

I thought about it. These are what I have now. However, I have never paid a retail or MSRP price for these lights which are $400+ a pair. I bought them new for $175 a pair. If I find another pair, I will definitely do it.

I have not had a chance to drive at night yet but I will take some pictures at night. I will put yellow cover on one pair to make them as fog lights.

Last edited:

cvalue

Reaction score
I thought about it. These are what I have now. However, I have never paid a retail or MSRP price for these lights which are $400+ a pair. I bought them new for $175 a pair. If I find another pair, I will definitely do it.

I have not had a chance to drive at night yet but I will take some pictures at night. I will put yellow cover on one pair to make them as fog lights.

Well, it's been a few months - what has your experience been with the PIIA H.I.D. Driving Lights? Would you do anything differently? How did you mount them? Do they get hot?

Also important: where did you pick these up for that price?!?

OP
OP
U

UniqueOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it's been a few months - what has your experience been with the PIIA H.I.D. Driving Lights? Would you do anything differently? How did you mount them? Do they get hot?

Also important: where did you pick these up for that price?!?

I bought them brand new from eBay. One pair costed $175 and another one costed $255. They are great. I don't have any issue with them yet. I bought Rigid's bracket from this application but the lights have to mount up-right so I made a custom brackets. The light output is excellent but there is some delay on start up as normal for HID. I can turn them on as fog lights or driving lights. No one flash light to me yet even aroubd town. I can drive my Raptor without turn on the headlights.

Please let me know if you need additioanl info.

OP
OP
U

UniqueOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PIAA Cross Country HID

Updated from 2 to 3 PIAA Corss Country HID

DSC_2583_zpsf79a89aa.jpg

DSC_2584_zps12b36048.jpg

DSC_2585_zpsb2861752.jpg

DSC_2586_zps3f899f85.jpg