Diving In (Interior vinyl wrap)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Big Papa Gecko

Big Papa Gecko

2012 Raptor SCREW Tuxedo Black (Sold)
Reaction score
Looks good for doing it yourself. So how much did you order altogether? I was thinking about ordering the 60" X 24" sheet, why didn't you do the door handle recess's, are they hard to get off the door panels? I will definitely do mine as the drivers side has some paint wear from continued use.
I used 4 sheets of 60x12, so you would need atleast 2 of the bigger ones and have to be pretty accurate on measurements. I didn't do the recesses (yet? Maybe? Idk) due to the hassle it looked like for pulling them. The other inserts are plastic welded into the door though.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used 4 sheets of 60x12, so you would need atleast 2 of the bigger ones and have to be pretty accurate on measurements. I didn't do the recesses (yet? Maybe? Idk) due to the hassle it looked like for pulling them. The other inserts are plastic welded into the door though.
Okay, I'm going to have to recalculate the amount I need. I might remove my old hood graphic and do a Carbon Fibre one at the same time, lol

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Yeah the heat definitely helped on the curves, some areas I wish came out better, but not beating myself up to much for my first go at it. The 1080 I think is discontinued so you'll get the 2080 now. Definitely need to pick up a sunshade now though with all the extra black.
Yeah definitely don’t beat yourself up. Ive done it a few times and still get frustrated on certain angles haha. It gets easier as you go. Also a hair dryer is better to use over a heat gun since it heats the vinyl up slower.

Im in the middle of either getting a carbon fiber mold for the parts or just doing it in vinyl like my last vehicle.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Okay, I'm going to have to recalculate the amount I need. I might remove my old hood graphic and do a Carbon Fibre one at the same time, lol
Did you replace any of your interior items with factory matte options from other models/trim packages? or just wrap everything you could? can the area around the door handles be wrapped, in your pictures they are not? I'm kind of curious if there aren't non chrome handles available for the base f150s.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you replace any of your interior items with factory matte options from other models/trim packages? or just wrap everything you could? can the area around the door handles be wrapped, in your pictures they are not? I'm kind of curious if there aren't non chrome handles available for the base f150s.

Yes, you can get the black door handles from a base truck, but the surround is textured black so the surround won't match. I'm just going to be getting the carbon fiber cover pieces for my handles. Paint doesn't stick to that plastic chrome very well.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, you can get the black door handles from a base truck, but the surround is textured black so the surround won't match. I'm just going to be getting the carbon fiber cover pieces for my handles. Paint doesn't stick to that plastic chrome very well.
very cool, thanks. got a link for the handle covers?

Last edited:

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
very cool, thanks. got a link for the handle covers?

I figured I'd try them and if they suck I'm not really out anything.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I figured I'd try them and if they suck I'm not really out anything.
definitely worth a shot, I rattlecanned my speaker grills and really want to get rid of all the silver and chrome, I've just been lazy for the last ten years or so lol.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been trying to find a set of black speaker grilles from a non-Sony system, but it looks like they don't exist. I currently have the door panels from my 2013 Limited that are black with the Sony logo. I may end up having to buy the gray grilles from a non-Sony truck and painting them it looks like. I would also be open to trading someone for a set of gray ones for them.