Ditch the engine cover?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably a dumb question, but would it help keep things cooler in there? When I installed my JLT CC I noticed how much heat that cover blocks.

Kmorgs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had mine off for awhile because Cobb sent wrong intake pipe for my CAI and wouldn't fit with the AIT Sensor being stretched out.

They sent the correct one and i put it back on, i don't really notice a difference in engine temps with it on or off. In all i couldn't hurt to get more air flow over the engine. I like the look of the 2020 engine cover so decided to put it back on for now.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like it's rodent bait. I've had issues with them, camping. Maybe I should take it off. Or maybe I should leave it on if it distracts them from the wiring ...

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I took that heat trapper shit off pronto. It’s main job is to provide some sound damping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I took that heat trapper shit off pronto. It’s main job is to provide some sound damping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You just lost yourself 3.5hp removing that cover lol

Ya sound dampening. Aesthetics and also to retain some heat for optimal operating temp.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FYI ... 2017/2018 engine covers were plastic and 2019/2020 cover is a thick foam.

If you off-road hard .. you want to keep it on as you will get dirt/mud all over the top of the engine. With the cover on you can at least remove it and clean it.