Ditch Light Picture Request

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
I'd recommend go with the XL80 kit. You get 9500 lumen on each side (total of 19,000 lumen) and it's not that expensive: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-ford-raptor-2017-xl80-a-pillar-lighting-kit/

I kind of hate you right now, because you’re right (stupid 12 year old wins again)!

Question though, I don’t want yellow lights. I want the most output white light (I’m talking down the road bright as the sun kind of light), so which option do you recommend? Just curious to which lenses option and mounting brackets? Are the SQHD Brackets the way to go?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
XL80s with Spots is a winner. It's what I run on my demo truck.

So I like both.

I like the SDHQ because they sit lower and closer to the windshield. BUT larger lights, like XL80s, might get in the way of your antenna.
I like the Alternative Offroad because they are SUPER easy to install. It takes a few seconds. They sit further up so you can run a larger light.

Both are winners and you can't go wrong with either. SDHQ are a bit trickier to install because you have to remove the cowl/windshield wipers to get them installed.

We stock both so you can pick/choose which you want.

I'd say get the Driving/Combos, try em out. If you find you get light glare and want spots, throw the XL spot lenses on

OP
OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
XL80s with Spots is a winner. It's what I run on my demo truck.

So I like both.

I like the SDHQ because they sit lower and closer to the windshield. BUT larger lights, like XL80s, might get in the way of your antenna.
I like the Alternative Offroad because they are SUPER easy to install. It takes a few seconds. They sit further up so you can run a larger light.

Both are winners and you can't go wrong with either. SDHQ are a bit trickier to install because you have to remove the cowl/windshield wipers to get them installed.

We stock both so you can pick/choose which you want.

I'd say get the Driving/Combos, try em out. If you find you get light glare and want spots, throw the XL spot lenses on

XL Spot Lenses? Is this a cover that goes on the light?

OP
OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score

Rmax150

Reaction score
I went with Rigid and freaking love them. After lots and lots of contemplation, I got the D-SS white spots for the A-pillars, then white driving, and amber flood for the bumper. I thought I was done there but now I need some SAE fogs as well for regular driving.

The side view is fantastic and I also did the mirror spot light mod so with the mirror spots and D-SS on the A-pillar, it’s true 180 deg view. For me, that’s perfect for the back roads in south Texas full of brush and deer. Perfect distance for the curves too. Although, if I was back driving in Wyoming, Montana, and North Dakota, I would go with a hyper spot. Got some Rigid replica mounts and had them Line-X’d; I like them a lot.

I stayed away from larger lights just cuz they bother me in terms of view; it’s like I’m looking at the lights, not the road. You know Like that bug that splatted right out of the wiper range and you can’t help but just stare at it? Kinda like that.

5A7439D8-F753-44A4-93D9-0AA28E9D5731.jpeg

A0CB3B12-5E64-46CE-A62D-28C1C0C32F95.jpeg

OP
OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
I went with Rigid and freaking love them. After lots and lots of contemplation, I got the D-SS white spots for the A-pillars, then white driving, and amber flood for the bumper. I thought I was done there but now I need some SAE fogs as well for regular driving.

The side view is fantastic and I also did the mirror spot light mod so with the mirror spots and D-SS on the A-pillar, it’s true 180 deg view. For me, that’s perfect for the back roads in south Texas full of brush and deer. Perfect distance for the curves too. Although, if I was back driving in Wyoming, Montana, and North Dakota, I would go with a hyper spot. Got some Rigid replica mounts and had them Line-X’d; I like them a lot.

I stayed away from larger lights just cuz they bother me in terms of view; it’s like I’m looking at the lights, not the road. You know Like that bug that splatted right out of the wiper range and you can’t help but just stare at it? Kinda like that.

View attachment 147635

View attachment 147636

I appreciate the response. I like the comment about the bug splattered on the window reference, that's kind of what I'm trying to avoid.

Do you have a picture looking out over the hood from the driver seat you could post?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I appreciate the response. I like the comment about the bug splattered on the window reference, that's kind of what I'm trying to avoid.

Do you have a picture looking out over the hood from the driver seat you could post?
Here’s a shot from drivers seat - I have the XL80

ca4eb1ec8584b02fa9c522205a046d18.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great video! Thanks

But Damn you! I didn't have A pillar lights on my list.......until now!
When you get a Raptor and start doing mods you will realize that when you get on a back country road or mountain pass with no moon or street lights that the stock Rap headlights are woefully inadequate, like scary bad. I made the trip up from Texas to Idaho and the last stretch was from Missoula to CDA on the 90.

I had to go through 4th of July and Lookout pass and both had almost zero light. It was kinda scary.

So the next day I ordered lights and can't wait to use them at night now.

Lights aren't cheap if you get good ones but if you drive at night with no ambient light you will be glad you bought them, more than just looks!