Disturbing picture of my Raptor after going through a tornado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98slowbra

Reaction score
I went to go see my mother in the hospital so it was a 9 hour drive, on the way home me and my 18 year old daughter got caught right in the middle of 2 tornado's in Brush Colorado with my Raptor. It was so bad before we pulled over a semi trailer started to get pushed into our lane and missed my truck by inches then we pulled over and the tornado went over us, it blew out my back window and a ton of hail damage. We found out later there were 3 tornado's by us. Now the drivers side did not get touched and the front clip is fine but the passenger side door and back door and back and roof is dented all to hell. With my Raptor being a 2013 fully loaded with 54k miles will it be totaled or what. What you are about to see hurts me very bad, this was my baby, me and my daughter are fine but my Raptor did not make it through ok, so will it be totaled or not, please give me your honest opinion. I only owe $15k on my Raptor right now. I was glad I was in the Raptor, the hood, and front fenders and drivers side are still perfect, this truck is fully loaded also.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
these trucks have kept their resale value very well. all your damage just looks cosmetic. best to get insurance company out for an estimate

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

we had a tornado watch for about an hour here in the springs, but we didnt see any

OP
OP

98slowbra

Reaction score
after going through this and I know the Raptor can take it, I want to keep this truck for a very long time, she did its job and protected me and my daughter, I am sad about the truck but I was glad I was in that and nothing else. I am hope they will not total it, that will be a killer to me.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
takes a lot to total these trucks. i rolled my first one and they still wanted to fix it. i told the body shop no so they made it become totaled. just body damage wont total the truck. now a honda civic, yes. its totaled

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If they total it, buy it back. Usually pretty cheap. Since it's cosmetic, it will be easy to get a new title after inspection.