Distortion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi everyone I just finished an audio install on a 19 Raptor i tapped into the oem amp and pulled my signals from the outputs i had originally ran the signal through Audiocontrols Ac-Lgd so the amp could see some load as i had read that the factory system will distort higher end frequencies when the amp sees no load. Unfortunately i am still getting a ton of distortional higher volumes at higher frequencies. Is this just the B&O amp? should i just rip it out and run a zen A2B? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

just so you can have an Idea of what i have going on from the factory amp the outputs ( front, rear, and sub signal) go to three Ac-Lgd from there the signal is sent to LCQ-1 and from there to a my four channel and mono block. i ran zero gauge from the battery both power and ground to avoid any engine noise. the head unit is still 100% in tact.

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
Yeah Its a full system so ill have to grab a zen. Any idea where i can get one here in Los Angeles. I need to turn this car in soon and the zen is all thats holding me back

Hush Car Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah Its a full system so ill have to grab a zen. Any idea where i can get one here in Los Angeles. I need to turn this car in soon and the zen is all thats holding me back

Try calling them directly to see if they can expedite the unit to you. I'm not a dealer for them so can't help unfortunately.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi everyone I just finished an audio install on a 19 Raptor i tapped into the oem amp and pulled my signals from the outputs i had originally ran the signal through Audiocontrols Ac-Lgd so the amp could see some load as i had read that the factory system will distort higher end frequencies when the amp sees no load. Unfortunately i am still getting a ton of distortional higher volumes at higher frequencies. Is this just the B&O amp? should i just rip it out and run a zen A2B? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

just so you can have an Idea of what i have going on from the factory amp the outputs ( front, rear, and sub signal) go to three Ac-Lgd from there the signal is sent to LCQ-1 and from there to a my four channel and mono block. i ran zero gauge from the battery both power and ground to avoid any engine noise. the head unit is still 100% in tact.

you have to use the zen man...been saying this for over a year....high level inputs just suck...period.......you have the availabillity of a pure digital input.....you chose to ignore that and use high level input.....****** sound is what you get....and...you are stuck with all the B&O bass roll off.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Zen unit if doing a full system. If you are only running a sub you can use an LC2i.

you can if you want to half ass it.......you are still stuck with the bass roll off problem....and audi0 controls accubass is just more artificial processing that takes you farther away from the source material.

Hush Car Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think using a Zen is a bad idea at all so I'm not sure why you keep commenting on my posts. I'm only suggesting much cheaper alternatives which offers very good results.