Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Discovered the BEST sounding exhaust for this truck.

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by kpg81, Dec 29, 2017.

1. kpg81

kpg81 Full Access Member

Hahaha

Come on... I have more resources and things and stuff so you need me here

Oh that's "Guys" line lol

2. Jake17

Jake17 ★ REBEL LIFE ★

3. Gsteve

Gsteve FRF Addict

It’s almost useless to show a vid without a sticker running right after the modded one.
    It seems nothing is going to help this thing. I hear a GT and thought it sounded pretty good

4. Greg Machala

Greg Machala Member

If she can't sing its best not to give her a microphone and amplifier. A Coyote V8 at full song is auditory sweetness with any exhaust (Even open headers). The Ecoboost V6 is never going make noises like a Coyote V8 - ever! No matter what exhaust you use. I agree with the thread starter that the stock exhaust is the deepest and best sounding exhaust you can get on a Raptor. Why? Because if mutes the raspy purr of the V6 very well. And for those claiming HP gains with aftermarket exhaust, I challenge you to spend two grand on an aftermarket exhaust for one truck and two grand on getting more boost on another truck and I guarantee you getting more boost will get you more power than any aftermarket exhaust system ever will.

10SpdsOfFury likes this.
  5. Jeff-Ohio

Jeff-Ohio Full Access Member

I agree with you that there are definitely better ways to spend your money if you want performance gains; I also agree that the Ecoboost V6 will probably never sound as good as a Coyote V8. That said, it isn't fair to say that many of us can't find an exhaust alternative that we like better than stock. I personally love my Corsa Xtreme and I have all of the parts to return it to stock, but there is no way that is ever going to happen.

GR8Ride likes this.
  6. EricM

EricM FRF Addict

Watching the Gen II guys constantly chase after $1000+ exhaust systems to make the V6 sound good really kills the Gen II guys arguments that the exhaust sound means nothing to an truck owner and it's silly to consider such a thing when deciding what to buy.

cgibs89 likes this.
  7. MEATSWORD

MEATSWORD Full Access Member

Why are we on a thread that hasn't had a response since January 2018 ?

8. ddpt

ddpt Full Access Member

Every dealer I have spoken to have said stick with stock. Some have said other customers that have switched are asking if they have stock exhaust that they can put back into their trucks.

9. WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD Full Access Member

The problem is not idle, some of the aftermarket exhausts sound great idling with some turbo sound & a deep tone... but literally every single one can’t get away from the ricer WAHHHH on acceleration. It sucks. A Corsa Sport exhaust with catted downpipes sounds perfect idling... only if it could stay quiet on acceleration. Currently I’m stock with SPD catted downpipes & it’s pretty stock sounding with a slightly deeper tone.. not bad, but wanting more turbo sound without the WAHHHH.

10. quikag

quikag Full Access Member

It’s a big deal. I love engine sound and I’m living with the V6 Ecoboost sound because I like the Raptor otherwise, but if I could have throw in a L86 GM 6.2, I would choose that in a heartbeat, pardon the pun.

Especially after getting a low oil pressure light at 6,100 miles during a full throttle accel run to 70mph with my 2019. Dealer told me it was 3-4 quarts low on oil. Nice. They did a full synthetic swap for free and we will keep an eye on the oil level. This happened this week.

My GM V8 trucks never burned an appreciable amount of oil.....