Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Discovered the BEST sounding exhaust for this truck.

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by kpg81, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Donovan

Donovan FRF Addict

I will upload my video soon....

Made a video running through the wooded area this morning... fucking Thor-like.

2. FordTechOne

FordTechOne FRF Addict

What is your build date? There is a TSB for excessive oil consumption that applies to vehicles built on or before 4/1/2019. The TSB directs to replace both valve covers; a PCV issue internal to the original valve covers causes the excessive oil consumption.

3. FordTechOne

FordTechOne FRF Addict

Ford GT is the best sounding V6 IMO. And it's the same Gen II Ecoboost engine as the Raptor, differences being the metallurgy of the internals, the camshafts, and the state of tune.

4. Donovan

Donovan FRF Addict

Here it is folks...

pardon the shaky video. Please find the set up in my signature box

5. quikag

quikag Full Access Member

the sticker in the door jam says 04/19.....so seems like I shouldn’t need that TSB, but it appears I might. I’m closely monitoring oil consumption with this oil change.

6. quikag

Man, not trying to be an ass, but that sounds like an old Pontiac Grand Am with a blown muffler.

Kuan likes this.
  7. quikag

I agree the Ecoboost Ford GT sounds damn nice for a V6, but your comment is like someone saying their 6.2 GM truck sounds similar to a Corvette. It really doesn’t even though the engines are quite similar.

8. Donovan

Donovan FRF Addict

phew. Not an old Pontiac. Could of at least said a Honda Civic with Home Depot HVAC

9. quikag

A Civic has a higher pitch. :D

Seriously, I’m sure it sounds better in person and I’m an old bastard now (42) that prefers quiet unless it’s a healthy sounding V8 or screaming flat six Porsche GT car. That said, I used to be that guy with intake, header, and exhaust on my old Del Sol, Prelude, and S2000. It was fun back in the day and probably annoyed the hell out of people around me. :)

10. Kuan

Kuan Full Access Member

That video does make it sound good since it is mostly idling. When they give it a rev or two, notice how once the flat waaaaa sound comes on, the noise is cancelled out? On the stock raptor exhaust, that sound is not so cancelled out at that point, and aftermarket systems make that particular point louder which some find audibly annoying. The F150 limited has a similar exhaust to the raptor as a dual rear exit. Ford made that exhaust nice because it cancels out the waaaa specifically at the same rpm as the GT.

Do you have your fake sound turned on or off in the cab? Having that on may make it sound better to you, but outside, it's not sop great. This engine was just not made for an aftermarket exhaust. Maybe a whistle tip, but that's it:D