Discount tire with my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
regardless of how good, bad or mediocre the stock lugs are, that doesn’t excuse the above tale of woe from OP. If they were that bad when they started, they would have stopped work, and said ‘hey, your lugs are $hit, we can’t do the tires’.

Yeah, that a BS excuse. I've had the Ford 2 piece lugs on a dozen Fords over the years with no issues. I think a couple lug nuts on my 15 year old truck were starting to swell and get difficult to remove form the socket, but that's it.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Discount tire is just as good or bad as any other tire shop. It all comes down the guy mounting/balancing and the guy who puts the wheel/tire back on the vehicle. One shop might suck, but the one 5 miles away is great. It's all about the guys doing the work in the shop.

I guess my question to you is this- who would you consider to be a "high end" tire shop? There are no national tire chains that cater to those who want to spend more for the same tire.

You are correct, I would stay away from the national chain stores and find a reputable, local shop.