Discount tire with my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RICHARD A CUGNO

Streetrodder
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. Send a certified letter to the shop, and corporate with dates etc. keep good records of everything. If they don’t pay the bill get a go for the throat lawyer. Social media, and posting about your experience with the company will cost them a lot more than the repairs.

BrttClne22

Reaction score
Had this happen to my wife's RX350 a while back at Discount Tire. They cross threaded one of the lug nuts and destroyed the area around the lug nuts on all 4 wheels. I requested they replace the wheels with wheels directly from Lexus, they said they would and proceeded to put refurbished wheels on with a weird clear coat over them that constantly peeled off. Ended up having them replace them again after we realized they had put on the crappy refurbs

Definitely double and triple check anything they do.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There’s a reason why they’re called Discount Tires, I wouldn’t expect a
high-quality product or services from any business advertised as “discount”.
Lesson learned, good luck.

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I’ve always had pretty good service at DT. I’ve taken my car to Firestone for an alignment and they scratched up my steering wheel so bad that it had to be replaced. Lug nuts aren’t made like they used to. These places make so much money in tires that getting them to replace wheels and damaged parts shouldn’t be hard.

metalwhiz

Reaction score
I've had nothing but good service from my Discount Tire. I guess $hit happens sometimes, but I've never had a problem with them.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Discount has a corporate policy where all lug nuts are torqued by hand on every vehicle. It used to be done by two separate employees, but that may have changed as I haven’t watched them recently. I’ve never seen a store deviate from the policy across the dozens I’ve visited across AZ over the years. Which store was it?

My local store scratched three of the four wheels on my wife’s VW Touareg. They bent over backwards to make it right and had all four wheels refinished (powder coat) in the color of my choice. Mistakes happen, as long as they make it right I’m generally ok with that.

Kowboy17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's rarely the company as it is a knucklehead working for them. We all have those same people either working for and alongside us every day.

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trim rings. In CA, you can't run bead-locked tires on the street.
I'd love to hear about someone actually getting a ticket for running bead locks on the street. I bet cops don't even know it's illegal. I'd really hope cops would have better things to do than go after offenders or running bead locks. I think I'd be willing to bend that rule and catch me if you can coppers !!!

Sunchild714

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But seriously, if you haven't already, I challenge you to attempt to remove 1 stock lug nut from your Raptor using the crowbar that comes with the truck and not damage the lug. These are worst piece of ***** ever. Best investment is to change them asap.

OP
OP
Wender85

Wender85

Reaction score
So corporate finally contacted via voice mail and email and took full responsibility and is mailing me a check. I pick my truck up tomorrow afternoon. I agree i should have check the torque but the lugs were so eaten up I couldn’t. They were supposed to mail me new lugs but never happened. I greatly appreciate the help and support gents! Like i said in the beginning shit happens sometimes but they made it right and im grateful for that. Take care and Semper Fi

D5E656D8-4C36-4016-A0B7-38EA5F228776.jpeg