Discount tire with my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a fairly poor experience with them lately too. I figured they could switch tires without removing the beauty ring. They attempted to remove the beauty rings with a hex head and destroyed many of the $18 bolts. Called me about 3 to tell me it was ready and I ended up going home at 4 because they didn’t need even have it on the rack. Ended up finishing at 8.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really? Both my trucks had the actual ring and not a fake one.

Somebody must have liked you. The 18s are beauty only. Like was posted above, the functional ring has to be purchased separately.

Sam

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Really? Both my trucks had the actual ring and not a fake one.

Really? Your Avatar pic shows a Magnetic 2019 with factory 'beadlock capable' wheels and standard beadlock trim rings. The top image is the actual bead lock device as sold over the counter by Ford used in a true bead lock application. If yours don't look like this you have the standard factory "bead lock" trim ring (bottom image) which cannot be used in a true bead lock application. Note 24 holes per bead lock vs 12 in the trim ring. The true bead lock ring is substantially thicker and more robust.

2H3ted.jpg

ZH9fEw.jpg

Last edited: