Disappointed with GJ motorsports

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BryBlanch

Reaction score
So I ordered a GJ motorsports quick disconnect sway bar link back in September of last year. Paid in full and I know it was a pre order, but when I asked around that time they told me they were going to start shipping in December. I’ve tried contacting them a few times, as I understand they’re busy and don’t want to bombard them, but I have never gotten a response. It’s frustrating because I know they make quality parts, I have their third brake light and it’s excellent quality, it’s just the lack of communication that’s frustrating! Has anyone here received a set, and are they even worth waiting for? Thanks for letting me vent.

Yeah it’s a bummer. I may try reaching out one more time and if I don’t get a response I’ll just cancel my order.
Did you get a response?

BryBlanch

Reaction score
Thats so irritating! I don't understand his business practices. He changed his cell phone number cause the number I had and talked to him with is now disconnected. He never answers the phone number on the website either. I've e-mailed him a dozen times with no response at all. No communication whatsoever.

raptortrav001

Reaction score
This situation may be turning around over there... After a bunch of calls and voicemails, a guy named Phil returned my call, apologized for the delay, and explained he came on board to help w/ customer service. He went on to help me source replacement gaskets for the cab and S2 lights. The dude took the time to text me back and forth over the course of a weekend and then update me on the shipping status of my order. It was a lot of effort on their end for an order under 50 bucks.

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TJ is a great person in IRL but his business practices says otherwise. I ordered my third 3rd brake light from him Oct 2022 in preparation for Snoball in January. His website shows there is a 2-3 week lead time so I assumed I’d be ok. Around middle of Dec I had not received any updates so I reached out to him via phone and email. After not being able to connect with him, I decided to reach out to him via his personal FB page. He did call me one evening explaining the NMO antenna is on back order but should have product next week and would make sure mine gets shipped out as a priority knowing I need it for Snoball. Since I had him on the phone, I asked him why you can’t get anyone on the phone and his response was “when they are in the shop, him and his employee put the phones and emails on hold while they’re working”. I offered to assist him (even though I live in Atlanta) but he claimed he couldn’t afford another employee at that time. Anyways, the following week comes and goes and no feedback so I reached back out via his FB page and again he no longer responds to any form of communication. At this point, I’m starting to question if I’ll actually get my kit in time so I started looking at vendors to see if anyone happens to have one in stock. Thankfully, Andy with 4x4LEDLights had a couple in stock and shipped one to be quickly (thank you Andy!) Needless to say, my order from GJ finally showed up the day before we had to leave to to head north to Michigan.

whitek12

Reaction score
TJ is a great person in IRL but his business practices says otherwise. I ordered my third 3rd brake light from him Oct 2022 in preparation for Snoball in January. His website shows there is a 2-3 week lead time so I assumed I’d be ok. Around middle of Dec I had not received any updates so I reached out to him via phone and email. After not being able to connect with him, I decided to reach out to him via his personal FB page. He did call me one evening explaining the NMO antenna is on back order but should have product next week and would make sure mine gets shipped out as a priority knowing I need it for Snoball. Since I had him on the phone, I asked him why you can’t get anyone on the phone and his response was “when they are in the shop, him and his employee put the phones and emails on hold while they’re working”. I offered to assist him (even though I live in Atlanta) but he claimed he couldn’t afford another employee at that time. Anyways, the following week comes and goes and no feedback so I reached back out via his FB page and again he no longer responds to any form of communication. At this point, I’m starting to question if I’ll actually get my kit in time so I started looking at vendors to see if anyone happens to have one in stock. Thankfully, Andy with 4x4LEDLights had a couple in stock and shipped one to be quickly (thank you Andy!) Needless to say, my order from GJ finally showed up the day before we had to leave to to head north to Michigan.
I had a very similar experience. I was lucky enough to get a hold of him and since our off-road group was sponsored by him, he got his act together and mailed me missing parts. I don't think anything has changed nor is he running his business any better. Our group started looking for other options. The biggest pro for his Third brake light is that there is no drilling. There are other great companies out there. They just all require drilling which a lot of people don't want to do to their $80k truck.