Disabling ALL the nannies...

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by MacRaptor, Jan 13, 2018.

1. MacRaptor

MacRaptor Member

Hello Everyone,

In a few weeks I'm taking my new 2018 Raptor to a Winter Autocross. I've done it every year for the past few years and being able to disable all the traction and stability controls is critical to having a great experience. I know there is a button on the dash to disable stability control but is that the BEST way to disable EVERYTHING on the Raptor? With my old SUV I'd often leave it in 2WD to really get some sideways action going. Any tips on how best to set the Raptor would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

DM

2. flzrider

flzrider Member

See attached from the owners manual.

Attached Files:

3. Robtor310

Robtor310 FRF Addict

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260/forscan-changes-tweak-your-truck-52149/

4. MacRaptor

MacRaptor Member

Ok, so press and hold the button on the Dash for 5 seconds...I'll try that and do some donuts in an empty parking lot to test it out.

Thank you,

5. gijosh28

gijosh28 Full Access Member

Video or it didn't happen.

6. MacRaptor

MacRaptor Member

Don't worry, I'll post up video. Sadly her in CT we just had a ton of rain and the event was cancelled but it will snow again...

7. rtmozingo

rtmozingo Full Access Member

You won't ever be able to turn everything off. However, the offroad modes will go a long way in addressing that issue for you.

If you still find interference in Baja or mud/sand, then hit the TC button once. If even that fails, then hold it down for 5 seconds. That said, while a few have noticed Baja interferes a bit in deep sand, I've not had it intervene once...and that was with throwing the truck around a lot.

8. dude1782

dude1782 FRF Addict

I almost always turn it off. For me, it ends up getting in the way pretty much every time.

9. rtmozingo

rtmozingo Full Access Member

Fascinating. Apparently I'm the only that doesn't get interference. Baja mode let me throw the rear close to sideways without issue, and Mud/Sand never cut power. Starting to think I'm the anomaly...

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  10. dude1782

dude1782 FRF Addict

I've always had to disable it in the sand in mud/sand mode. It was getting in the way all the time. It wasn't until the past 3 months or so in baja mode that I've been on rough enough terrain and been driving hard enough to have it kick in. I didn't have any throttle in the rough stuff and it wasn't letting me gas through high speed turns.