Disabling ALL the nannies...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MacRaptor

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

In a few weeks I'm taking my new 2018 Raptor to a Winter Autocross. I've done it every year for the past few years and being able to disable all the traction and stability controls is critical to having a great experience. I know there is a button on the dash to disable stability control but is that the BEST way to disable EVERYTHING on the Raptor? With my old SUV I'd often leave it in 2WD to really get some sideways action going. Any tips on how best to set the Raptor would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

DM

flzrider

Reaction score
See attached from the owners manual.

Attachments

• A0CAA0BD-F213-4965-91DF-694A1B4BE3D5.jpg
    A0CAA0BD-F213-4965-91DF-694A1B4BE3D5.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 185
OP
OP
M

MacRaptor

Reaction score
Ok, so press and hold the button on the Dash for 5 seconds...I'll try that and do some donuts in an empty parking lot to test it out.

Thank you,

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You won't ever be able to turn everything off. However, the offroad modes will go a long way in addressing that issue for you.

If you still find interference in Baja or mud/sand, then hit the TC button once. If even that fails, then hold it down for 5 seconds. That said, while a few have noticed Baja interferes a bit in deep sand, I've not had it intervene once...and that was with throwing the truck around a lot.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You won't ever be able to turn everything off. However, the offroad modes will go a long way in addressing that issue for you.

If you still find interference in Baja or mud/sand, then hit the TC button once. If even that fails, then hold it down for 5 seconds. That said, while a few have noticed Baja interferes a bit in deep sand, I've not had it intervene once...and that was with throwing the truck around a lot.

I almost always turn it off. For me, it ends up getting in the way pretty much every time.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I almost always turn it off. For me, it ends up getting in the way pretty much every time.

Fascinating. Apparently I'm the only that doesn't get interference. Baja mode let me throw the rear close to sideways without issue, and Mud/Sand never cut power. Starting to think I'm the anomaly...

Last edited:

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fascinating. Apparently I'm the only that doesn't get interference. Baja mode let me throw the rear close to sideways without issue, and Mud/Sand never cut power. Starting to think I'm the anomaly...

I've always had to disable it in the sand in mud/sand mode. It was getting in the way all the time. It wasn't until the past 3 months or so in baja mode that I've been on rough enough terrain and been driving hard enough to have it kick in. I didn't have any throttle in the rough stuff and it wasn't letting me gas through high speed turns.