Disable Voltage Regulating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score

noun​

1. A drop shot.
  2. Used as a disparaging term for a North Vietnamese soldier or guerrilla in the Vietnam War.
  3. either of a married couple who both are employed and have no children. The term is often used as the prototype of midde-class persons with higher-than-average disposable income.
I'm guessing it's not number 1 or number 3 ... could we get any more ******* i n g PC? Maybe next time you could use "c h i n k". Or not. We need to start a list of racial slurs over in the Champagne Room to see which ones the nanny misses.

Edit to fix ***** and to comment that foxtrot uniform charlie kilo with spaces between is now getting ********ed. This is really starting to annoy me. It's nearing the time for civil disobedience.

Edit again to ask why Charlie isn't a foul. It's also a disparaging term for a North Vietnamese soldier, no? How about ****? Slant?

Edit again. I went hunting on the interwebs. :evil27: Other terms for our little not friends that need to be banned! Banned, I say!
Duck. Gookie Monster. Gulper. McGook. Mister Charles. Mung. Nammer. Sloat. Tunnel digger. Tunnel rat. Vink. Youn.
Let's see how good that nanny really is. :p
I never knew most of that! I forgot about the "double income, no kids". I never knew any of that was considered a slur.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I never knew most of that! I forgot about the "double income, no kids". I never knew any of that was considered a slur.
Damn, not only could my wife and I not have kids which I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy but there's a slur for it? Life Is Harsh! Insult to Injury! lol

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I had the same on an XR650R that I built up and made street legal. After the voltage reg died I ran the revs up and actually heard a "di nk" (the site blocks ****???) noise. That was my bike telling me to **** off because everything just got popped!
Ducati puts the v/r right by exhaust of the front cylinder and have since time immemorial. Ducati mechanics typically have a box full of fried voltage regulators.

rschap1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Car audio. Amplifiers are rated at 14v and alternators usually charge at 14v when not being restricted. I also have more than 1 battery in my truck to support said system and I can't get a chaging voltage higher than 12.5v.

Lol What?

14v is normal operating condition for 12v comonents. Nothing dangerous here.

Is there a way to limit output to 14v?
Does the alternator only generate up to 14?
Or is "the sky the limit"?

OP
OP
Gibsonm21

Gibsonm21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to limit output to 14v?
Does the alternator only generate up to 14?
Or is "the sky the limit"?
I didn't mean to allude to disabling all voltage regulation, just the BMS system referenced in this thread.

In general alts can charge at whatever you regulate them too. I've seen alts charging at 19v+ in the audio world, but those are big builds.

I assume an external voltage regulator would be required if the BMS system was disabled, tho I'm not looking for the headache.