Disable inflatable belt for usage with car seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
with a seat belt extender the inflatable part should be disabled.

OP
OP
B

braptorin

Reaction score
with a seat belt extender the inflatable part should be disabled.
Got a link to one that I can buy? Makes sense but normal seatbelts (and thus most extenders) don't clip into the female portion of this system. As far as I can tell it's a custom system.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t see anything about disabling the rear seatbelt inflatable airbags- not sure why you can’t install that car seat with those seat belts per the Ford manual...but at least for $500 you got a car seat with a cup holder!

1621305455232.jpeg

TheInfamousDrew

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone find a solution to this?
We are going down this rabbit hole now.
We have two daughters, one 3 (32lbs) and the other is 10mo (15lbs).
We've got 4 Britax Oneife (2 for each car). Just realized that the LATCH system on these is only good up to 30lbs.

I’m trying to find a way to disable, unplug, or code out the rear seatbelts.

AvalancheGrey2017

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone ever answered you via PM - I did extensive research on the topic when i got my Raptor and realized my coveted BRITAX seats were not compliant with the airbag seat belts. Unfortunately there are not a ton of choices. Each seat manufacturer essentially decides if the seats are compliant with fords system. I ultimately ended up settling on Diono Radian as they explicitly mentioned being compatible in the manufacturers information. My 4 year old has been comfortable for several years in it with no complaints. Honestly i think its a tad cooler than some of the other seats based on the openness of the design. its a bit of a pain to get cinched down but once locked in is rock solid. You have to put your knee in it to sink in far enough to get that last click on the locked lap belt that goes through. Ford manual has you pull the top anchor over to middle anchor point around the head rest peg. We go off-roading and camping and I its held up great for that type of use and for long road trips. I only have one so less of an issue in my world, but its also a great seat for multiple kids as its footprint is really slim - part of their marketing is being able to fit 3 across if need be. hope it helps. cheers!