Disable front clearance/amber lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LVsFINEST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the dumb Q but my Google foo cannot find anything... How do you disable the front yellow/amber LEDs? The three (or five) little clearance lights.

I've seen two Gen2 models (both were either 17 or 18) that had them turned off, and one of which still had dealership plates so I doubt it was modded. Yet on my 2019 I can't figure out how to disable.

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you cant. the only way they turn off is if you have the lights set to auto and its day time. the headlamps alone will run as daytime running lights. otherwise, as soon as it gets dark it will trigger the running lights to turn on again

coder

Reaction score
The clearance lights are a legal requirement for vehicles over 80 inches wide, most trucks have them on the roof Ford chose to put them on the grill for the raptor either way they're required by law for safety reasons.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

LVsFINEST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I agree, I actually love the look look and don't want to disable them, I'm asking purely out of curiosity. Like am I missing something, or is this a difference between earlier models vs 2019's...? Or maybe a difference between 801/802? If they can't be disabled how the heck have I seen two Raptors w/o them on? Both sightings were daytime I might add, yet my 2019's yellow lights are always on whenever my truck is on, no matter what, daytime or night (I keep my lights on auto).

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both sightings were daytime I might add, yet my 2019's yellow lights are always on whenever my truck is on, no matter what, daytime or night (I keep my lights on auto).

Interesting that yours are always on. On 2018s at least the amber grill lights are not on when in auto mode during the day (like NE Raptor said)...that's why people use Forscan to modify them to always be on.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
So I agree, I actually love the look look and don't want to disable them, I'm asking purely out of curiosity. Like am I missing something, or is this a difference between earlier models vs 2019's...? Or maybe a difference between 801/802? If they can't be disabled how the heck have I seen two Raptors w/o them on? Both sightings were daytime I might add, yet my 2019's yellow lights are always on whenever my truck is on, no matter what, daytime or night (I keep my lights on auto).

You sure you didn't see some jacked up regular F150's with Raptor grilles? I have seen a bunch of F150's even some toyotas with aftermarket grilles. Who knows. I never even noticed the clearance lights until I bought a Raptor.

OP
OP
L

LVsFINEST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting that yours are always on. On 2018s at least the amber grill lights are not on when in auto mode during the day (like NE Raptor said)...that's why people use Forscan to modify them to always be on.

Ah, that would explain it then, must be a diff between 2019's and earlier models.

Last edited: