Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Dirty Dozen III

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by BIGt0007, Mar 1, 2016.

1. 2014RubyRed

2014RubyRed FRF Addict

So, if I drive straight east on I-80 until it ends, am I going to be near anyone that is driving up? I think it would be cool to convoy up to the run from the south with someone.

Let me know if you are going to be going through that area, and when, and I will plan around it.....

Thanks!!!

2. SilverBack

SilverBack Full Access Member

I'll be heading that direction.

3. 2014RubyRed

2014RubyRed FRF Addict

I think Witchy and Orange will too, huh? Maybe we can get a timeline and all head up together? Unless you all already have something you normally do, then I will gladly conform!!! LOL

4. SilverBack

SilverBack Full Access Member

It's going to be different then last year because we are starting at the red River camps. Which is reverse of what we did last year so I'm open to any suggestions. We do have plenty of time to figure out the small details.

5. Ditchplains1

Ditchplains1 FRF Addict

2014RubyRed,
    I've run the reverse route to Iowa from Montauk, NY a half dozen times. You'll scoot across Indiana, Ohio, and 300 miles of northern PA then into No NJ. You'll pick up 95 and go through NYC. Then you have to choose to go along the coast on 95 to RI and Boston or more directly north and cut across MA.
    When time gets closer I will have more firm plans but I will be taking a ferry across from Orient Point, NY to New London and then shooting North to Worcester and banking north east to NH and so Maine.
    I'm hoping to make it into Maine on day one then shoot up to Red River camps on the second day of my travels arriving there around noon or so.
    I lived in central CT for 5 years, and outside Boston for 5 years. I went to college in southern Maine, and know a bit about New England. Mouldman is also from LI; Bearclaw is in CT, as is Tyler; Joker, Cnaimo, BigRed1097 are in MA; Appetites1 was from RI. JocDMD is from NJ. Your route will definitely cross at least a few of us along the way...
    Eddie

6. 2014RubyRed

2014RubyRed FRF Addict

Well, as time gets closer, maybe we can all get in line. Nothing is cooler than a long line of badass Raptors cutting a trail across the countryside enroute to a run!!! Does anyone have a drone that can document some of the badassness that is bound to occur? I know that someone took some killer shots at a rest stop on the way to Snoball this year, and those shots are priceless......

7. TheJoker

TheJoker FRF Addict

Here's another Eastport, Maine fact: Eastport is the only United States owned principality that has been under rule by a foreign government. It was held from 1814 to 1818 by British troops under King George following the conclusion of the War of 1812.

Still working on accommodations.

8. appetites1

appetites1 Full Access Member

reservations

its snowmobile time in maine so these camps may be very busy

think we are covered on booking anyway

oops just noticed we did not update our address from Rhode Island to Florida

we will travel over 1200 miles to DDIII, are we the furthest away??

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  9. BearClaw

BearClaw FRF Addict

As long as everyone has radios on should be no problem hooking up. Ryan was stalking us from behind as we called out speed traps on the way north last year, before he decided to announce his & Lucky Rabbits' presence :crazy:

We will give you the CTRaptors itinerary to make it easy to connect, since you guys will be passing right by us on the way.

10. Kahuna

Kahuna Boats n Hoes

I am going to try to go up a day or two early and do some fishing at Red River if anyone is interested.

BearClaw likes this.