Dirty deeds exhaust spec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Don Manuel

Reaction score
Going with dirty deeds for an exhaust on an otherwise stock raptor.

Just ordered 20x6” muffler size. Keith’s (from dd) recommendation was 24x6”; the popular being 20x5”.

I ended up deciding on 20x6”. I am looking for some nice growl when torque riding the raptor. I barely rev it all the way up; well kind of. Not much hardcore dirt riding either. Daily driver but not the primary vehicle of the household. Coming from cruiser bikes I like acceleration without down shifts; slow and smooth. Was afraid the 24 could be too mellow at low rpm acceleration but went for 6” diameter for the depth in sound.

Now the interesting bit is that the manufacturing does not happen until after the long weekend so I have got some time if I want to change up the muffler size. :)
Any thoughts or suggestions will be super welcome and is what I am looking for. :)

mindgame100

Reaction score
Going with dirty deeds for an exhaust on an otherwise stock raptor.

Just ordered 20x6” muffler size. Keith’s (from dd) recommendation was 24x6”; the popular being 20x5”.

I ended up deciding on 20x6”. I am looking for some nice growl when torque riding the raptor. I barely rev it all the way up; well kind of. Not much hardcore dirt riding either. Daily driver but not the primary vehicle of the household. Coming from cruiser bikes I like acceleration without down shifts; slow and smooth. Was afraid the 24 could be too mellow at low rpm acceleration but went for 6” diameter for the depth in sound.

Now the interesting bit is that the manufacturing does not happen until after the long weekend so I have got some time if I want to change up the muffler size. :)
Any thoughts or suggestions will be super welcome and is what I am looking for. :)

I have the 20 on my Gen1 and truely love it... Absolutely no droning at all.. Investment well spent..

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the 24" on my Supercrew. Loved the sound in town and on the road, but the slight yet steady drone @70-75 mph became annoying on long trips. It is my all-round favorite system of the 5-6 I've had. I ended up with the Corsa, it screams above 3,500 but has zero drone.

OP
OP
D

Don Manuel

Reaction score
Had the 24" on my Supercrew. Loved the sound in town and on the road, but the slight yet steady drone @70-75 mph became annoying on long trips. It is my all-round favorite system of the 5-6 I've had. I ended up with the Corsa, it screams above 3,500 but has zero drone.
How would you compare the tone of corsa vs dd? Curious to know of the differences other than peak volumes and drone levels.

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the deep tone of the DD. Around town it is hard to beat. It can be loud but is never annoying. The Corsa is quiet in town and on the road below 3K rpm. Above 3,500 it has a very refined sound and is very loud but more tenor than the deep bass of the DD. If the slight drone @ 70-80 mph doesn't bother you, the DD is the way to go, and is about 1/2 the price of the Corsa Extreme.

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the second or third cat-back system Keith built with a 20" and loved it. It exits the frame in a little notch so it is protected when offroading.

I had Keith build me a custom, dual system to connect to the Stainless Works headers. The dual wouldn't fit in the notch in the frame where the normal system goes so Keith really worked with me to find a place to dump the exhaust that wouldn't get smashed when sliding the truck when high centered. It sounds perfect and Keith is a real off-road enthusiast and all around great guy. He really stands behind his stuff too; if it gets damaged or leaks or anything he'll fix it up for you.

MEIRONMAN207

¿Goin somewhere...What are RU waiting 4?
Reaction score
I had the second or third cat-back system Keith built with a 20" and loved it. It exits the frame in a little notch so it is protected when offroading.

I had Keith build me a custom, dual system to connect to the Stainless Works headers. The dual wouldn't fit in the notch in the frame where the normal system goes so Keith really worked with me to find a place to dump the exhaust that wouldn't get smashed when sliding the truck when high centered. It sounds perfect and Keith is a real off-road enthusiast and all around great guy. He really stands behind his stuff too; if it gets damaged or leaks or anything he'll fix it up for you.
Researching options for exhaust upgrades, so when you get a chance? Please post pics of your system and mod...thanks in advance.

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keith was nice enough to document the first system he built for me on his site. This is the system he sells in mass, unless you can take your truck to him to build something custom.
http://dirtydeedsindustries.com/product/ford-raptor-system/

That is my truck from about 2012.

My new system is just a custom x-pipe where the stainless works headers leave off, with dual muffler and pipes straight back and mandrel bends up and over the rear axle, dumping under the bed where the factory spare tire would go if it had been under the bed anytime since the truck was new. Basically it looks the same except it is two pipes and it exits straight back, behind the axle.