Dirt bike does fit in the 5.5ft bed with Backlip MX4 tonneau/bed cover!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
PandaBoi

PandaBoi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great. From the angle of the picture, your fork protector looks like it's going to rub big time against the cover. Is that ramp really 30lbs? There are much lighter ones for about the same price.
Hey so the picture may be a little misleading. I didn’t strap down the bike yet so it was actually angled resting on the bed cover when I took the photos. When it’s strapped in it’s got about 1-2 inches gap between the fork guard and the bed cover and only the tires touch anything in/on the bed. There is a little wiggle room to move stuff around too.

Also on the ramp, it certainly doesn’t feel like 70 pounds, probably closer to 30-40. That or I’m just stronger than I think lol.

TroyyyB

Reaction score
Are you worried about the backflip cover bouncing off your back window?
I have the same cover for my Raptor and that’s the main issue when putting my yz250 in and/or anything that requires the cover to be fully up.

OP
OP
PandaBoi

PandaBoi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you worried about the backflip cover bouncing off your back window?
I have the same cover for my Raptor and that’s the main issue when putting my yz250 in and/or anything that requires the cover to be fully up.
Not super worried, they provided a lot of bumper strip for that point where it touches the window. Combined with the struts that pop up and can be locked in it was pretty solid.

If it becomes and issue I’ll just buy more adhesive padding strips for that portion that rests on the window.

CACRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am curious on how you tied it down at that funny angle... I usually have the front of the bike compressed against the bed?
That is not my truck and bike in the picture, however I do haul mine like this quite often. I tie mine down from the handle bars to the front and rear tie downs perpendicular (mostly) to the bike. With the tail gate up it holds the bike very well.

Last edited:

TMacD

Reaction score
I haul my KTM450 like this for + 1.5hrs each way on the highway. One strap from each forward attachment to the handle bars. One short strap around rear wheel to rear, passenger side attachment. Never had any problems with the bakflip or the bike. It's the reason I'll be sticking with the Bakflip for my Gen 3 if it ever arrives. I would love a roll-up tonneau, but the cartridge would make this setup impossible.

OP
OP
PandaBoi

PandaBoi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am curious on how you tied it down at that funny angle... I usually have the front of the bike compressed against the bed?
So there are a few mounting points but I use the hooks towards the bottom of the front of the bed and use soft tie downs to the handlebars with a fork saver on the front wheel. Just with that it seems pretty solid but I could also mount to box link but that makes it more horizontal force rather than vertical.

Haven’t needed anything on the rear but I could do one over the top of the wheel to the rear hooks toward the bottom rear of the bed.