GEN 2 Dimmer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have a 2018 and the dimmer button next to the headlight switch dims my dash and nav screen. However, when the truck is restarted, the brightness is reset to the highest. For months, I couldn’t figure out why the glare was so bad at night. Are you guys experiencing this or is this a problem with my truck.

squeak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have a 2018 and the dimmer button next to the headlight switch dims my dash and nav screen. However, when the truck is restarted, the brightness is reset to the highest. For months, I couldn’t figure out why the glare was so bad at night. Are you guys experiencing this or is this a problem with my truck.
I don't have this problem with my 17. Does the dimmer setting get set with the key fob? Maybe try setting it with the fob memory and see if it stays dimmed? If it's that bright maybe it thinks it's daytime so there is a light sensing error? Just ideas...I really don't know. Lol. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
traxem

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have this problem with my 17. Does the dimmer setting get set with the key fob? Maybe try setting it with the fob memory and see if it stays dimmed? If it's that bright maybe it thinks it's daytime so there is a light sensing error? Just ideas...I really don't know. Lol. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
The radio turns into night mode so I think it can sense day/night. But the screen is super bright until I push the “-“ on the dimmer.

The dimmer setting appears to be set and saved (shows on the dimmer setting that it’s set to 50%), but the dash and radio screen doesn’t dim unless I push “-“.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The radio turns into night mode so I think it can sense day/night. But the screen is super bright until I push the “-“ on the dimmer.

The dimmer setting appears to be set and saved (shows on the dimmer setting that it’s set to 50%), but the dash and radio screen doesn’t dim unless I push “-“.
The brightness of the radio screen is controlled in the Sync settings as well as the day and night screens. I believe the other switch should only control the instruments lights. Is anything blocking the little sensor up on the center of the dash?

OP
OP
traxem

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The brightness of the radio screen is controlled in the Sync settings as well as the day and night screens. I believe the other switch should only control the instruments lights. Is anything blocking the little sensor up on the center of the dash?
The brightness setting in the radio does nothing to dim the radio. Only the dimmer switch dims does. I don’t think the light sensor is blocked because the auto headlights work unless that’s a different sensor. I’ll try to take a video of this.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The brightness setting in the radio does nothing to dim the radio. Only the dimmer switch dims does. I don’t think the light sensor is blocked because the auto headlights work unless that’s a different sensor. I’ll try to take a video of this.
I'd say something is wrong. You should be able to go into Sync settings and adjust and save the brightness as well as keep the screen either day or night or automatically switch.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2017 has the same quirk and I'd also like to find a solution.