dim center console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shakenbake

Reaction score
anyone know how to dim that center console with nav? its a little too bright for me at night and ive dimmed it to the night mode but its still much brighter than i want / to match the speedo area when i dim that. thanks!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’ve never tried to run it all the way dark, but prior to sync 3.4, the center display would default to full bright sometimes.

Mine responds to the dimmer switch, but I’ve gotten it dark enough for me, is it that much brighter?

OP
OP
shakenbake

shakenbake

Reaction score
yeah, i have all that. just wondering if there was a way to make it darker. the dimmest you can make it is still way brighter than the cabin instrumentation lighting you can adjust by the steering column. thanks for the assist though!

MOT26

Reaction score
A couple of Sync updated ago I noticed the same thing. I found that you need to turn the brightness all the way down (next to the main light knob). Once the brightness is all the way down (which is still bright) hit the brightness up one time and the brightness goes down. Sounds weird but it is what I have to do on my 18.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
you can also turn the sync screen off...

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that if you are using Carplay that it may not receive the API request to dim the display if the auto headlight setting sent the dim command before Carplay was active. I have found I have to manually turn off my lights and them back to auto to get it to dim properly.

poltrup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The center console dims with the dash-dimmer buttons (next to headlight switch) as well, but it doesn't survive a restart. Next night you gotta bump the dimmer down button again and then it will follow wherever you dim the rest of the dash to.